Tale of the Two Moons (Dreams Part I Side Arc)

I open my eyes to see my room but with all three beds instead of two. I'm lying on my bed with my hands behind my head as my sister is tucking my brother into to bed.

(Y/N): 'Strange...she looks younger...'

My sister is groaning because of how long my brother puts up a fight to not sleep.

Sister: "Why are you so stubborn?!?"

Chibi Slayer: "Story!"

I get up as he was about to hit my sister with his wooden sword and grabs it before karate chopping his head.

(Y/N): "Stop giving her a hard time and try to hit her again and I won't be sorry for hitting you more."

He hold his head and looks at me with teary eyes.

Chibi Slayer: "WHY ARE SO MEAN BIG BROTHER!!!!"

I sigh before ruffling his hair

(Y/N): "Fine...what do you want."

Chibi Slayer: "STORY!" He cheers with a smile on his face.

Sister: "Which one?"

I get back on my bed before speaking up.

(Y/N): "You know which story he wants."

Sister: "But that's not really appropriate for a bedtime story, and it's honestly just an idea."

I just shrug

(Y/N): "It's not like he cares. Besides he never stays awake for the entire thing."

Sister: "Oh? Like you do."

I roll my eyes before laughing with my sister. She sits on the edge of my brother's bed before starting.

Sister: "Well, what do you think is on the moon?"

My brother looks out the window to look at the green moon.

Chibi Slayer: "Nothing"

Sister: "Mhm, nothing but a desolate place...no trees, no bodies of water, and no wild life... then they formed"

Chibi Slayer: "Goblins" he says rubbing his eyes and nodding off.

I don't feel tired at all.

(Y/N): 'Let's listen to the end of the story.'

My sister was about to walk to her bed before I spoke out.

(Y/N): "I'm still up, and I've never been up past this part of the story. Can you finish it?"

She smiles softly and sits on the edge of my bed.

Sister: "When it's just us you don't have the same 'cold' attitude~"

(Y/N): "Shut up"

Sister: "Oh~? Then maybe I won't finish the story." She says with a sly smile on her face.

(Y/N): "Sorry..."

Sister: "That's more like it."

(Y/N): "Sly Fox."

Sister: "Let's continue the story."

Sister: "Well the goblins were formed on that green moon, and as they watched us prosper they became envious of us. The goblins became more and more jealous of what we had that they decided to take it."

(Y/N): "..."

Sister: "Even if it was by force they would come to take it. For having a lot of similarities to children like height, strength, and intellect they do learn rather quickly. That is why there are different variations of goblins like hobgoblins and shamans."

(Y/N): "And what about the red moon? Is there anything in the red moon?"

Sister: The meaning of the red moon or the destroyer moon is pretty important. The red moon will one day collide with the green moon...even if the red moon is smaller...it will be able to destroy the green moon. However, both are needed to survive.

(Y/N): "Both?"

Sister: "Mhm, to keep the balance."

(Y/N): "..."

I reach for the green moon before making a fist

(Y/N): "Do you think Chibi Slayer is serious about being an adventurer...?"

Sister: "Hard to say b-"

(Y/N): "I'll join him."

Sister: "WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!" She whisper screamed.

(Y/N): "Grandpa was..."

Sister: "(Y/N)...you know mom doesn't like grandpa being your role model..."

(Y/N): "Grandpa protected us, he shouldn't have been forced to retire all because of some incident."

Sister: "He killed people, 10 of them all at once..."

(Y/N): "They were bandits, crooks, disgusting people...he did the world a favor....he protected his family and got punished for it..."

My sister sighs while shaking her head.

Sister: "You really are stubborn..."

She hugs me and kisses me on my forehead.

Sister: "Keep fighting my red moon."

(Y/N): 'What?'

Sister: "Now I need you to wake up."

(Y/N): 'Wake up?'

???????: "WAKE UP!"

I open my eyes to see darkness.

???????: "Good, you're awake."

(Y/N): "Goblin Slayer...brother where are you?"

All I hear is echoes and the man from earlier cackling.

???????: "That's your first lesson. In a cave, you need to focus on your hearing, touch, and smell more than sight. Your training begins."

(A/N: As (Y/N) wakes up to see nothing but darkness, the man from before announces that their road to being legends starts now. Will (Y/N) and Goblin Slayer answer the call? Or will the twin moons be overwhelmed in darkness. Find out in the next chapter. )

Word Count: 789