Part XI: Unexpected but Welcomed Visit

(Y/N) POV

I don't know where we are going but my brother is not slowing his pace at all, even with me on his back.

(Y/N): "Where...we...going"

I feel a liquid drip out of my mouth and my brother quickened his pace.

GS: "Just hang on brother, I see the temple now, we'll get you help."

We arrive to this so called temple and I can hear the light ringing of my brother talking to someone.

GS: "Please help him, he is in critical condition."

???: "Was he fighting the centipede creature?!"

GS: "No, he was protecting a village from goblins...solo..."

???: "A solo adventurer!?!"

GS: "Please...help him."

???: "Will do! I need some assistance here!"

I feel myself get lifted off my brother and carried on the left and right of me. They carefully lean me up on a bed and a nurse quickly rushes in and puts gloves on.

Nurse: "Oh my! This is the solo adventurer?!"

My head is lightly bobbing and I feel myself go in and out of consciousness.

Nurse: "Stay with me big guy. My gods! Why does this helmet weigh so much?!"

She gets a rag and wipes all the mud, dried blood, and grime off of my face.

Nurse: "Keep your eyes open sweetie, I'll fix you up in a jiffy."

(Y/N): "H-H-Hot-t..."

Blood dribbles out my mouth and she wipes it off.

Nurse: "You must have gotten a fever when you were out in the storm..."

She rushes to a cabinet and helps me drink an antidote. She takes off my dented armor and dirty chainmail which exposes my bare chest. Drops of sweat fall and slide down my abs.

Nurse: "Oh my! Now I see why you're able to withstand this much."

I feel a nice wet sensation on my abs that I tense up on impulse.

Nurse: "Is it hot in here or is it just me."

She places a hand on my chest and she starts a prayer. The warm feeling on my chest makes me start dozing off. She cups my cheek with one hand in order for me to look at her.

Nurse: "You're gonna be alright, I don't know how you did it but you only suffered minor internal bleeding and your fever should go away with some rest. She pulls out a packet and a glass of water. She opens the packet and pours the contents into the water. She helps me gulp the cool water down and I exhale in satisfaction. She smirks and sits by the edge of the bed.

Nurse: "I shouldn't be doing this...but since I like you so much, you get a pass. But it's our secret ok~?"

She winks at me and I slowly nod. This causes her to giggle and I slowly crack a small smile. She gets up from the bed and heads toward the door.

Nurse: "I would love to stay but I got more people to help. You better not leave without saying goodbye~"

Nurse: "Ciao~"

She blows me a kiss before heading out. A few minutes later my brother walks in the room.

GS: "How you feelin..."

Some people may not be able to hear it but I've lived with my brother long enough to hear the slightest hint of emotion through his void tone.

(Y/N): "Ok...thanks..."