Side Chapter: Needed Advice

Cowgirl's Mom POV

It was a normal sunny day today, I was cleaning inside while my brother was tending to the livestock.

Cowgirl: "Mom?"

I stopped what I was doing to see my daughter by the kitchen doorway, she looked nervous and embarrassed as she played with her long hair.

CG Mom: "What's the matter sweetpea? Having second thoughts on cutting your hair again?"

My daughter looks up at me and flails her hands in a flustered manner.

CG: "NO! I mean...it's not that."

CG Mom: "Alright then."

CG: "How did you know you fell in love with dad?"

I froze a bit at this question but eased up.

CG mom: "Well your father was always off doing something...he was a merchant so he had to. Yet when he would come to the village he would always help me and the farm. I remember your uncle coming to the village to tell me that he was there and helping. He was always a pleasure to have around and very kind.

(Y/N): "We'll give them a proper burial..."

He was serious yet very sweet to me"

(Y/N): "Sorry ma'am..."

Why are my thoughts going to (Y/N)?

CG Mom: "Even though he was younger he was very mature in what he did."

CG: "But wasn't dad older than you?"

CG Mom: "He was? It seems I forgot..."

CG: "I think I found that in someone already..."

I smiled and led her to the kitchen table.

CG Mom: "You found someone in the capital?"

I watched as she looked at the shed...his shed.

CG Mom: "Oh...O-OH! I didn't know you felt that way about Goblin Slayer."

CG: "I'm not talking about Goblin Slayer...It's (Y/N)...."

I was about to speak up but the door slammed open revealing my brother.

Farm Owner: "No. I refuse to let you be with him or that brother of his. You may have known him back at the village but they are not the same friends you had, especially that (Y/N) you still hang around."

My daughter was in shock and I was just as much. My daughter was clearly upset but I didn't think she would be upset to the point of this. She slammed her hands on the table and screamed with her eyes closed.

CG: "You don't know anything about (Y/N)! How can you say that about him!"

Farm Owner: "And you don't know who that man is either. I let him stay because of how much he paid for rent but he can no longer stay here. He will only bring nothing but harm to this farm and I won't allow it."

CG: "How could you!"

She left with tears in her eyes to her room. I look at my brother who just sighs and sits at the table, elbows on the table and head rested in his hands.

CG Mom: "You know...she is just a girl...this is the first time she tells us, tells me she is interested in someone and you bad mouth him."

Brother: "I'm not letting some thief steal my niece. He's already in her mind. I hope he's not in yours too."

CG Mom: "Don't be ridiculous, and a thief? I hope you have some proof of him stealing our possessions with these strong accusations."

Brother: "One night when I was tending to the animals, I heard running water. I paid it no mind at first until I saw that (Y/N) had come out wearing nothing but his pants with his clothes in a bundle in front of him. I greeted him and he nodded before tossing me a small pouch of coins. I was confused why he was giving me money when he already paid for the rent...but that was when I saw it...in the moonlight...just below his collarbone was a bloodied tattoo that only thieves wear but his had a slash in it. I was so in shock that the coin pouch hit me and fell to the ground. I can't remember his face, but the way he narrowed his eyes for a split second before heading back to the shack. I grabbed the money, brought the animals back to the barn and ran back home. He can't be trusted."