Part VII: Training Begins

Previously on Two Moons, Two Brothers, Two Slayers

???????: "WAKE UP!"

I open my eyes to see darkness.

???????: "Good, you're awake."

(Y/N): "Goblin Slayer...brother where are you? Why can't I see?"

All I hear is echoes and the man from earlier cackling.

???????: "That's your first lesson. In a cave, you need to focus on your hearing, touch, and smell more than sight. Your training begins."

——————————————

(Y/N): "Who are you? And what have you done with my brother?"

???????: "I'm your mentor, but people call me the Burglar."

(Y/N): "So what is this about training?" I circle around as I try to find the source of the voice and training my eyes to see in the dark.

Burglar: "Adventurers in this time and age focus on gadgets and magic to survive, making them weak. I will train you to use every part of you body as a weapon so that you will be a legend."

(Y/N): "What is this first test?"

Burglar: "Well you should have noticed by now that you are in a cave, a pretty big and complex cave. When you, or should I rather say if you are even alive to become an adventurer you will be given quests. You wanted to kill all the goblins right? Well I'll teach you how to kill goblins. Goblins are never going to be outside their caves or ruins unless they are going to a village. If you fight in a cave the goblins will already have the advantage. Do you want goblins to have an advantage over you?"

(Y/N): "No!"

Burglar: "Well then you're objective is to find your brother, but what you should be doing is learning how to act in a cave. Your training begins."

(Y/N): "Wait! What about my stuff?" Just then I heard a thunk by my feet. I look down to see a silhouette of an ax...my ax. I try to lift it up and is barely able to put it on my back. Strained, I call out to Burglar.

(Y/N): "I need the rings...to carry this..." I didn't get any reply. I slowly walk with the ax on my back, into the dark abyss.

After bumping into the wall for the millionth time

Just then an idea popped into my head.

(Y/N): 'I can do what bats do to see in dark places.'

I let out a shriek but nothing happens...

(Y/N): "That...worked a lot better in my head."

Just then I heard a cackle...it was the old man...

Burglar: "Did you really try to use echolocation boy? HAHAHHAH!"

(Y/N): "What's so funny..."

I grit my teeth as I march forward until I hit another wall. I fall right on my ass as the old man continues to howl and cackle.

Burglar: "I give you an A for effort and creativity AHAHAHAH! Humans don't have the same ears and sensors to feel the vibrations of sound at that level. But I wouldn't be making so much noise if I were you. Who knows what is lurking along with you."

Just then I heard a sound...not just a sound but a voice. It was faint but I could hear it.

GS: "Brother?"