Part XII: The Battlefield is my Home, my Work, but never my Grave

(Y/N) POV

We continue our way deeper into the crypt until four goblins appear. One goblin jumps at GS and drives his dagger down. The dagger connects to his shield and with a counterattack the goblins is dead. GS kicks the corpse onto another running goblin.

GS: "Three left: club, spear, and bow."

(Y/N): " You know what to do."

GS & (Y/N): "Kill the archer first."

GS throws his sword into the head of the archer and ducks while I grab a knife and launch it towards the goblin with a club, right in the heart. GS rushes to the goblin with a spear and when the goblin lunges in, he grabs the spear and bashes it with his shield, staggering it. I spin around my brother and using the momentum, swing my sword, killing the goblin.

Arc mage: "My, my, what a show! If I'm not careful. I might just fall for you. However, there are two of you, so who will be the one to take this fair maiden's heart? Who knows~"

Just then, two goblins rush us from where we came from and another two straight ahead.

(Y/N): "Protect the quest giver. Arc mage back against the wall."

Arc mage: "Okie dokie!"

(Y/N): "I'll take the ones from the entrance."

Arc mage: "Are you going to entertain me with more barbaric tactics (Y/N)~?"

(Y/N): "They don't call me the green moon for nothing, my style is much more closer to home."

The two goblins strike at the same time which I block with my sword. Before they can recover I grab their necks and bash their heads together, drop them, pull out two daggers, and drive them into their skulls. I look back to see GS had finished his as well.

Arc mage: "GS from what I've seen you wait for an attack to counter attack while (Y/N) rushes them, not giving them a chance to attack. And You!"

She points at me to make me look at her.

Arc mage: "You really know how to handle yourself. I really might fall in love with you~"

(Y/N): "Whatever you say."

I could've sworn I heard her ego deflate.

Arc mage: "What a weak reaction. If I can't send a man into a tizzy with a little flirting anymore. Am I losing my touch?"

Just then a hob and shaman come out from the depths of the crypt. The hob has a female wrapped around his arm like a shield.

(Y/N): "If there's one thing goblins suck at" I hold my sword like a spear and throw it at the hob's groin. "Is using a shield."

I catch the girl from hitting the ground.

Arc mage: "Spell incoming!"

GS: "Easy. Just crush the throat."

He throws his sword at the shaman's throat, causing the shaman to gargle on its own blood. I pounce on the hob, clasp my hands together and furiously bash his head in. Once it was nothing but a red mush, I roared. I don't know why I did it, I've never done that before...maybe it was to instill fear? To taunt more to come to their doom? Maybe...just maybe...to assert dominance?

(Y/N): 'We're more animal than we like to believe or accept...'

We make a little fire and sit by it (I lean against the cave wall on look out, GS sits across from Arc mage) while the arc mage dissects the goblin and gives us lessons, tips, and share with us myths. We then come to the origin of goblins...where did they come from?