~ Part 8~ | The Words We Say

~*~*~*~
** Lost In The Woods  (Frozen II) **
~*~*~*~

"Again, you're gone, off on a different path than mine
I'm left behind, wondering if I should follow
You had to go, and of course it's always fine
I probably could catch up with you tomorrow
But is this what it feels like to be growing apart?
When did I become the one who's always chasing your heart?"

~Jonathan Groff (Frozen II)

Hey guys I'm starting a new thing! This chapter is dedicated to WishFountain  my first ever commenter on this book! You've always been so supportive and I really appreciate it!!!

******

"PULL ME UP! PULL ME UP! PULL ME UP!" Jay sobbed, feet beating at the side of the wall as Cole grunted, arm straining as he tried to heave the boy to where they were precariously perched on the roof.

Wu appeared unconcerned as his students scrambled to stop their class mate from falling off of the very tall building.

Wu has decided it was a good idea to take his students out to practice parkour. Unfortunately none of them were experienced in that field and it didn't take long for Jay to slip on the slanted roof and fall towards his demise.

Jay pressed a hand to his stuttering heart, gasping as Cole panted beside him. Zane kindly handed the ginger his water bottle, to which Jay gladly took.

"Are you okay?" Nya asked in concern, watching as Jay handed the canteen to Cole. The ravenette tilted his head back and chugged the liquid steadily.

"Come now, students." Wu called, already on the next roof.

"Can't you wait for a second?" Kai yelled at him irritably.

"Never put off until tomorrow, what can be done today." Master Wu replied smoothly, raising an eyebrow pointedly at the boy.

Kai looked away, jaw clenched and fists curled. He stayed there as Nya helped Jay pick their way past him. Cole scrambled to his feet and the two boys watched Zane stride like a tightrope-walker on the edge of the roof.

"Show off." Cole grumbled.

"He's so unnaturally perfect at everything." Kai agreed. Cole was surprised to hear Kai talk to him, they hadn't had the chance to exchange many words before the ones they had were full of sarcasm.

Cole shot his classmate a grin. "Maybe he's secretly a god."

Kai snorted. "As if, I'm the only god around here." He preened.

"Better not say that, the real gods would get angry." Cole shot back.

Kai went to reply but Nya's voice interrupted him. "Hurry up slow-pokes or else I'll leave without you!"

Cole assumed Kai would respond with a snarky comment but instead the amusement left his eyes and he fell quiet. The brunette's walls seemed to build up again and he brushed past Cole, following his sister onto the next step.