~ Part 2~ | Don't You Hold Back

~ Part 2~ |  Don't You Hold Back

~*~*~*~
** Count On Me (Bruno Mars) **
~*~*~*~

"We'll find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need
You can count on me like one, two, three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it,
I can count on you like four, three, two"

~ Bruno Mars

*****

This chapter is dedicated to @Ginnivee. Thank you so much for the comments and support!

*****

"No," Wu said simply. His relaxed state didn't waver, even as he turned pointedly away from Kai to watch the students before him. Lloyd was leading a martial arts session for the younger students and a lot of the Wu Cru™ had gathered to watch him with a little bit of pride and a lot of teasing. The harmless jabs had evolved into constant remarks to try and throw the blonde off his game. They even began a bet on who could get the boy to break first and Kai had put in way more money than originally intended.

"You didn't even hear what I had to say!" Kai exclaimed as he leaned forward, cupping his hands to his mouth. "Your shoes are untied, loser!"

Lloyd had been keeping an eye on Nelson, who'd been severely struggling with the moves. The blonde had been doing a relatively good job at ignoring them and focusing, but a barely perceptible twitch was starting to go off in the corner of his eye.

"I'm not even wearing shoes, genius." He called back, bending to correct Nelson's foot. The tiny movement caused the kid's balance to be thrown off and he swayed dangerously. Antonia, who'd pointedly started playing on her Game Boy off the side, reached up without even looking to right her friend.

"Thanks, Toni!" Nelson smiled brightly at her. She only grunted, thumbs furiously working at the buttons.

Kai turned back to Wu and crossed his arms. The piercing glare that usually made Jay flop over like a possum was barely even acknowledged by the headmaster. The old man only raised an eyebrow and took another sip of tea. He was a little louder than he usually was with his drink, slurping rather obnoxiously in Kai's direction until the brunette caught on and made an offended noise.

"Real mature! Jeez, I thought you wanted this school to flourish! What better way to do that than in a tournament literally made to advertise education? We can make connections with the other schools! We'll be filmed on the news! Again! Only this time there won't be your jerk older brother to ruin it!" Kai waved his arms dramatically. "Are the opportunities for flourishing not getting to you?"

"Calm down, you drama Queen." Nya swatted at his flailing arms.

Kai made a face at her, which she returned with equal vigour before he forced himself to relax. He thought over his works carefully, taking the time to make sure they were sincere before he spoke them. It was a routine he wasn't used to but he'd seen Zane and Lloyd use it many times. It always seemed to work for them. "I want people to see how special this place is, how amazing these people are! If that means joining in some preppy competition then I'm all in!"

Wu sighed, seeming to sense Kai wasn't going to let up, and finally acknowledged him. "I'm quite aware of the details of the Tournament of Elements, Kai. I was sent a letter from the headmaster Chen himself."