~ Part 2~ | Nerds Alike

~*~*~*~
** I'll Stand By You (The Pretenders)**
~*~*~*~

"So if you're mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Hey, what you got to hide?
I get angry too
Well I'm a lot like you
When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
'Cause even if you're wrong"

~ The Pretenders

This chapter is dedicated to @Pixiedog2 thank you for all the comments! I love reading them!

(comment or PM if you'd like a shoutout!)

******

Nya raised an inquiring eyebrow at her blonde-haired friend. The boy was unusually quiet, appearing deep in thought as he stared blankly at his textbook. At last, Nya couldn't take it anymore and promptly flicked Lloyd in the forehead, making him jump and recoil from the blow.

"Why did you do that?" Lloyd pouted, rubbing the abused flesh with his knuckles.

Nya rolled over on her back to regard him with a goofy smile. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Lloyd feigned obliviousness and bent back over his work.

"What do you mean, what do you mean?" Nya mocked him by making her voice comically low. Lloyd rolled his eyes. "You've been staring at the same page for fifteen minutes, something's up."

"Nothing's up!" Lloyd protested and turned the page to prove it. "I'm just a slow reader!"

"I dunno, you seem to read through those stupid comics awfully fast." The ravenette teased.

Emerald eyes narrowed dangerously. "Fritz Donnegan is a classic and you know it!" His annoyed expression was met with a snort.

Nya sobered, turning back onto her stomach and tilting her head at him in concern. "Come on, Lloydie. What's going on in that thick head of yours?"

"You are so rude." Lloyd sniffed, reluctantly shutting his textbook. He let out a sigh as he tried to sort through the thoughts and emotions in his mind. "I guess... I still feel lost here. It's all new and weird! I barely know any of the group other you and Kai."

Now it was Nya's turn to roll her eyes. She exaggerated the motion by swinging her gaze up to the ceiling dramatically. "Good grief, it's not that hard! Just say: "you wanna play video games like anti-social, computer-obsessed, zombies?' and then move on with your life."

Lloyd scrunched up his nose. "Stop doing that. My voice is not that deep. Besides, it's not that easy. I can't just randomly go up to them!"

"Well, what do you want me to do? Set up a play date for you guys?"

Lloyd made an annoyed groan and scowled at her. She was making it seem stupid. Of course, Nya knew it wasn't exactly as simple as she was making it sound. But she found that saying that the social challenge was stupid would push him to step out of his shell and talk to someone other than her.