~ Part 14 ~ | All You Ever Wanted

~*~*~*~

** 300 Days (Erika Harlacher) **

~*~*~*~

"We're all in this together
The people on our screens insist
Well how is anyone afloat
If we're all on a sinking ship
I tell myself it's nothing
I'm dramatic, I'm a liar
Still I wonder who might catch me
If I tumbled off my wire
But I pull myself together and
Layer on the paint
If I can cover up the cracks it means
I'm not about to break"

~ Erika Harlacher

****

This chapter is dedicated to @Shoyo_Malfoy. Thank you for the support!

(comment or PM if you'd like a shoutout!)

*****

Warning: This stuff gets heavy. Mental health issues. Depression. A panic attack as well

Also, this chapter got super freaking long. What the heck happened? 😂

Also, also, some rough editing. I only used grammarly. I'm going to clean it up more later I'm just so tired it's past midnight 😴

*****

Pixal was a little weird. But that was okay! Nya was used to it when hanging around the boys. She definitely lacked some social skills and self-confidence but Nya had some to spare. Besides, minimal social skills were to be expected when a person's been isolated her whole life! All Pixal needed was some good friends to push her in the right direction.

Nya nodded to herself proudly as she rolled through ideas to help Pixal open up more. The thought of having a new friend made her run a little more giddily than usual as she led Pixal up the stairs to Lloyd and her shared room. The blonde had been nice enough to offer his bed to Pixal for their sleepover. Even going as far as to change the sheets and tidy up his mess for her.

Nya had prepared everything one must need for a sleepover. It had required a lot of extensive research including reading a lot of gossip magazines, cheesy tween novels, and cringe-worthy movies but they all offered the information she needed. Though Mean Girls didn't give her any sleepover tips Nya was pleasantly surprised by the pure malicious nature of the women in high school and honestly loved it. Therefore she decided that was the movie to watch. Wu had let Nya drag the old television up the stairs so they could watch it together in their room. She had spent all night figuring the perfect spot for her to place it, taking into account what was the best angle for it to be placed, how much lighting would come into the room, and where Pixal would most likely be positioned. Nya also strategically placed pillows and blankets around the room so they could sit on them in the most practical way while playing games while also having extra pillows available at hand if a pillow fight broke out.

Nya surveyed the room with a self-satisfied smile. Oh yeah, she was going to nail this sleepover thing.

Pixal stepped hesitantly into the room, taking in the colourful pillows, the various pictures Nya had posted on the wall, and the posters Lloyd had taped on this side. She seemed to enjoy getting closer to the various Polaroids and picture strips that Nya had of the group. Some of them were from little outings like shy dates with Jay to coffee shops or arcade outings with Lloyd that resulted in standing in a comic book store for three hours while he tried to choose what he wanted. Others were just silly little photos she took of the group. There was an image of Wu snoring in his patchy reclining chair, a snapshot of the boys playing their video games, as well as a picture of Zane baking in the kitchen, a sweet smile on his face.