~ Part 16.5 ~ | 15K Bonus Scene

~Part 16.5 ~ | 15K Bonus Scene

~*~*~*~
** Get This Right (Frozen II Outtakes) **
~*~*~*~

"I wanna get this right, baby
Wanna thrill you in the way deserve.
Wanna blow your mind, darling
I'm just having trouble getting up the nerve."

~ Jonathan Groff and Kristen Bell

****

This chapter is dedicated to my amazing readers! Thank you for getting me to my goal of 15K reads!

I had decided not to put this part in the actual book because I didn't know how to fit it in nicely at the time. There are a few scenes I had left out of Fractured that I wish I had added in so I decided to write one of them here!

*****

Asking someone on a date is hard enough as it is. Asking someone on a date when your overprotective older brother was standing over your shoulder was even harder.

Nya watched Jay over her textbook, subtlety flicking her gaze up to watch him as he sketched out a new invention in his notebook. Nya loved how his nose wrinkled, how his little freckles become more prominent when he did, and how he stuck his tongue out of the corner of his mouth when he drew a particularly big line, his lightning blue eyes narrowed with focus. He was adorable and handsome and so different from the roguish, obnoxious, young men she knew from her hometown. There was something so freeing about Jay, it was like he gave her the breeze she needed to take flight. While the other people in her life had been the weights that pulled her down.

Life in Ignacia had always been about what she couldn't do. Whereas Wu's school represented what she could. Nya hadn't been allowed to join the Ignacia football team because they thought she'd only get in the way. She sat out during the dragon cart races because they needed someone to "cheer on the sidelines." She was forced out of her first school dance because she showed up in a tuxedo and the teacher's believed it just "wasn't done." Time and time again Nya was told she couldn't do this or couldn't do that but she kept pushing.

Kai would try his best to help and understand but it wasn't the same. He was the ladies' man, the kid every student loved and every adult hated. Sure, he got detention and was often picked on by the teacher's but he was also first chosen for every game and every sport. First invited to every party and first to try a million different things that were then deemed 'cool.' While Kai was taking short-cuts and pressing buttons, Nya pushed to ace every test, nail every assignment, and win every competition she could get her hands on. But matter what she did Kai always came on top and Nya always hit rock bottom.

When they got invited to Wu's school Nya didn't have high hopes that anything would change. But then Jay stumbled in with his goofy laughs and shy smiles. He broke down the walls she put around herself and healed the scars she wore like armour. He made her laugh in ways she never had before, feel emotions she thought had been lost forever and spread a warm tingly feeling that she had chained up inside because, "Nya, you deserve happiness too."

Suddenly, winning seemed less important. Nya's competitive streak remained but it was numbed by a new yearning. The wish to be liked. Liked in ways that Nya had never even considered before, cared for as if she was the most precious thing in the world and loved so deeply that someone must have been struck by Cupid's arrow.