~ Part 14~ | Maybe Father Doesn't Know Best

~*~*~*~
** Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield)**
~*~*~*~

"Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten"

~ Natasha Bedingfield

This chapter is dedicated to -Lxly- !!! Thank you for voting! I appreciate it!

(comment or PM if you'd like a shoutout!)

******

"Well, this is officially a replay of the last time we were here," Cole muttered. "Except now it's Lloyd!"

Zane watched his friend rant with a calm expression. Cole knew Zane wasn't going to say anything in reply. Though he didn't mind. Sometimes you needed someone to listen rather than try and fix your problems.

"I'm sure your friend couldn't have gone far," Pixal told Cole as they walked through the halls.

Cole frowned as he scrolled through his contacts. "Hey Zane, do you have Lloyd's number?"

Zane shook his head. "I don't believe I do."

The raven-haired boy groaned the dark eyes flared at his screen as if it had personally offended him. "The only one who would have it is Nya and I do not want to face her wraith right now."

Zane chuckled and Cole debated on if he should let Kai or Jay know so that they could keep an eye out. But Jay was a blabbermouth who couldn't lie while Kai just didn't care and would probably reveal it without even noticing.

"Cole?"

Cole's head whipped up and his heart seemed to pound in his throat as he saw the familiar face. In one swift movement, the boy shoved his head down and spun on his heel. Zane and Pixal looked confused as their friend tried to speed-walk away but the man who had called out to him yelled again.

"I know it's you, son." In his head, Cole knew he wouldn't be able to get away. Every fibre of his being told him to bolt. But his heart told him he had to finally face him. Cole turned back around, raising his gaze to look at his father.

Lou looked the same as always. Tidy, gelled hair, same dark complexion, a moustache that rivalled a French chef's, and all decked out in a brown suit. As the man drew closer Cole could hear the light sound of his dad's tapping shoes. How could he not have heard that?

"What are you doing here?" Cole asked warily.

"I'm working with Cyrus to promote his tech," Lou replied. His brown gaze flicked to the entourage beside Cole and back to his son.

"You haven't answered my calls," Lou said gruffly.

"I've been busy," Cole replies awkwardly, his eyes glanced at his friend. Zane blinked back, curious but not prying. He simply regarded Lou with the same expression one would a stranger.