Chapter 3

Authors note: I apologize for lack of updates! I completely forgot due to college and the holidays and I'm about to start my fourth semester! Sorry!

We walked through the maze of headstones for a few minutes before stopping in front of one particular headstone. It read:

‘Here lies Roy William Harper Sr.
Loving father and hero’

“He was my father.” Roy said causing me to look at him. “He died saving people in a forest fire. I had nightmares about it for months, but I didn’t tell anyone. I thought that if I didn’t say anything they’d eventually go away, but instead it stayed cooped up inside me and slowly turned into anger. Doing what I do now is a way to release some of that anger and I’ve slowly gotten better.”

    “My God Roy, I’m so sorry.” I said as I laced my fingers with his for comfort. “He died a hero. I would’ve loved to meet him.”

    “I’m sure he would’ve loved to meet you too.” He chuckled lightly and turned to make eye contact with me. “It will get better Lorelei. For you and your brother. I know it. If you ever need to talk, I’m always here to listen.”

    I lightly smiled at him. “Thanks Roy. I know I’m gonna need it.”

    He smiled back and we headed back to the mansion. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

4 years later

Dinah, Ollie, Roy, and I were all on the main bridge of Star City fighting Icicle Junior. Roy and Ollie were shooting arrows at him to try and slow him down, but Junior kept blocking them. 

“Junior’s doing this for attention?” Roy asked as he and Ollie dodged a few of his ice blasts at the top of the bridge. “I’m telling you this little distraction better not interfere.”

    Junior made another ice shield but I used my cry to break it to give Roy a clear shot. Roy skimmed his face and knocked him out cold. 

“Huh, kid had a glass jaw.” Ollie joked.

“Hilarious.” I said sarcastically. “Can we go now? Today’s the day!”

Dinah laughed. “Someone’s excited.”

We quickly handed Junior over to the cops and made our way to the Hall of Justice in Washington, D.C. I’ve never been so excited about anything in my entire life. Today’s the day we join the Justice League.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Roy and I have waited so long for this moment. This will be the first time Dick and I will be working together as Robin and Blue Sparrow. Turns out, when Bruce took him in, Dick found out about him being Batman, and trained to be his sidekick. As we made our way to the Hall of Justice, I noticed Dick and ran up to him.

    “Robin!” I yelled. He turned around and smiled. He ran towards me and embraced me.

    “Blue! How’ve you been?” He asked. That’s the nickname everyone calls me. Roy’s the one who started calling me that, and it just stuck. In the past 4 years him and I have gotten closer, and I’ve developed a sort of crush on him.

    “Good. How about you? You’ve grown.” I replied with a smile.

    He laughed. “I’ve been good.” He leaned in and whispered, “So, how’re you and Roy?”

    I turned away and blushed. Dick’s the only one besides Dinah who knows about my crush on Roy. I made them both promise not to tell anyone. 

“We’re fine. Still friends.” I tried not to frown at the word ‘friend.’

    Dick must’ve noticed, because he gave me a reassuring smile and said, “I still think you should tell him.”

    “And ruin our friendship? I don’t want to risk it.” I said hugging myself. He nodded understandingly. “Come on, let’s not keep the others waiting.”

    He nodded again and we made our way to our respected mentors. I stood between Dinah and Roy. Dinah placed a hand on my shoulder. “You ready for this?” She asked.

    “Born ready.” I replied.

    “Welcome to the Hall of Justice.” Batman said. “Headquarters of the Justice League.”

    “Oh, man!” We all turned as we heard this. Kid Flash and the Flash showed up. “I knew we’d be the last ones here!” Kid Flash said. I believe his name is Wally. As we all walked towards the entrance, I heard people shouting random things and talking amongst themselves.

    “You two ready to see the inner sanctum?” Ollie asked Roy and me.

    “Born that way.” Roy responded.

    “Oh yeah.” I said. Roy turned to me and smiled. I smiled back slightly blushing. He laced his fingers with mine as we continued forward.

    “I’m glad we’re all here.” Aqualad said. I believe he goes by Kaldur.

    “Have all 5 sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?” Wally asked, obviously excited to be here.

    “Don’t call us sidekicks, not after today.” Roy said a bit harshly.

    “Sorry.” Wally apologized. “First time at the Hall. I’m a little overwhelmed.”

    I giggled. “There’s no need to be sorry, Kid. You’re just as excited as the rest of us.” I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He smiled and winked. Apparently, Roy didn’t like that because his grip on my hand tightened a little bit.

    “You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed, why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?” Dick asked. As we entered the Hall of Justice, we were surrounded by gigantic statues of the heroes who first started the League. “Oh, maybe that’s why.” The doors in front of us opened, revealing Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado.

    “Robin, Speedy, Blue Sparrow, Aqualad, Kid Flash, welcome.” Martian Manhunter greeted. 

Let me know what you think! I appreciate any feedback you guys can give me because I'm very new to this!