Chapter 21

I woke up early the next morning and went for a jog. Usually I would do this with Roy, but I wanted a chance to read my mom’s journal. Haly gave it to me before I left the circus and it’s been killing me to know what’s inside; maybe something in here can explain my weird angel wing birthmark that covers my back. As soon as I got to the beach I sat down and opened the journal, but instead of looking at the journal entries, my eyes focused on the letter that fell into my lap. I slowly picked it up and opened it since it had my name on it; it was from Mom.

    Dear Lorelei,

        If you’re reading this then I must be dead. Don’t know how or why, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that you know the truth about your mark. All of the women on my side of the family have the mark. No one knows why, but every now and then it glows, which means your wings are going to appear. I know this doesn’t explain a lot, but I hope this gives you some closure knowing that it’s not just a birthmark; it’s so much more. I love you and your brother more than anything. Keep each other safe.

                        Love,

                        Mom

    I stared at the letter, shocked. How else could I react after reading that?! As soon as I got over my shock I texted Roy.

 How else could I react after reading that?! As soon as I got over my shock I texted Roy

    A few minutes later he showed up and I rushed towards him. I didn’t let him get a word in as I attached my lips to his; he immediately kissed back and wrapped his arms around my waist while my hands tangled into his hair. This practically became a routine ever since we got together six months ago, and we usually met up here at the beach. Today I want to do something different; something more.

    “I’m ready Roy.” I said breathlessly as we pulled away from the kiss. He knew exactly what I meant.

    “Are you sure?” He asked.

    I nodded. “Yeah. Granted it would be my first time and I have no experience whatsoever—”

    He chuckled, cutting me off. “You’re rambling; you only do that when you're nervous. It doesn’t matter if you have experience or not, it’s really a heat of the moment thing. We don’t have to if you don’t feel comfortable with it.”

    “I want to. It’s not that I’m not comfortable with it; I’ve just never done it before, so I don’t know what to expect.” I replied. “All I know is that I want to do it with you.”

    He kissed me gently before he replied, “Okay.”

    He led me over to his bike and we set off to his place. It wasn’t long until we got there and I let my body and Roy take over.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    “Wow.” I breathed as I laid my head on Roy’s chest. “That was amazing.”

    He chuckled and continued to mindlessly trace patterns on my bare back. “Damn right. For that being your first time it was amazing. Made my love for you grow even more.”

    I giggled as I continued to trace patterns on his bare chest. “So you love me, huh?”

    I felt him shift to look down at me, causing me to look at him. His eyes were full of love as he said, “Yes. I love you Lorelei Marie Grayson.”

    I leaned up and kissed him passionately. “And I love you Roy William Harper.”

    “Good.” He replied before kissing me again. Soon enough things got heated, but my phone rang, making Roy grumble. “Don’t answer that.”

    “What if it’s the team?” I asked. “They might have a mission.”

    “They can go without you for one mission.” Roy said.

    “I’m their leader Roy. I can’t just let them go on a mission without a plan. It would be chaos.” I countered as I reached for my phone. “Hello?”

    “Where are you?” It was Dinah and she sounded a bit panicked.

    “I’m with Roy.” I answered. “Dinah what’s going on?”

    “I need both of you to get your asses back to the manor.” She demanded. “We have a gala to prepare for and both of you are going.”

    “Okay, we’ll be there as soon as possible.” I replied before hanging up. I turned back to Roy. “We’ve gotta go.”

    He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Why? Where are we going?”

    “The manor.” I replied as I got out of bed and put my clothes back on. “We’re going to a gala, so get up and get dressed.”

    He grumbled before getting dressed and driving us to the manor. Once we got there Dinah met us at the door and pulled us inside. “Come on Lorelei, you have to get ready. Roy, Ollie is waiting for you in your old room.”

    He nodded and went to his old room while Dinah led me to my room. She closed the door behind her and pulled out a beautiful navy-blue two-piece dress. I quickly changed into it and Dinah did my hair and makeup. My hair was just a simple half updo with my hair twisted loosely and tied together in the back with the rest of it in loose curls. My makeup was simple, yet elegant eyeshadow that made my blue eyes pop and rosy red lipstick to finish it all off. Once Dinah was finished she smiled. “You look gorgeous Lorelei. Roy won’t know what to do with himself once he sees you.”

    We both giggled until there was a knock on the door. Dinah asked, “Who is it?”

    “It’s Ollie. Can I come in?” Ollie asked. Dinah went to open the door and let Ollie into my room. He took one look at me and his mouth fell open. “You look gorgeous Lorelei.”

    “Thank you Ollie.” I replied. “Is there something you need?”

    “We’re ready when you guys are. We don’t want to be late.” He replied.

    “Then let’s go.” Dinah said. she linked her arm with his and they made their way down the stairs. I followed after them, holding the end of my dress as to not trip and fall. Once Roy saw me his jaw dropped; he didn’t take his eyes off of me the whole way down the stairs. When I made it to the bottom of the stair Roy finally spoke up.

    “You look stunning.” He said.

    “You don’t look too bad yourself.” I replied as I played with his navy-blue tie that matched my dress. I linked my arm with his and we all made our way to Wayne Manor.

A.N.: Ayo I'm still alive! I've got two or three more chapters left of this book so I hope you're ready!