Chapter 2

As soon as we got to Star City we pulled up to this huge mansion. We stopped the car and headed inside; Ollie and Dinah lead us to a door with a keypad on it where Ollie typed in the code to get us in.

    I looked at Roy confused. “What are we doing here?”

    He smiled. “You’ll see.” He said as he led me down the stairs.

    “See wha—” I stopped as I looked around. I wasn’t expecting to see a place I could only describe as completely unexpected, and awesome. “Woah; this is awesome! So why are you guys showing me this?” 

    “Well for one thing, this is where you will be training.” Ollie said. “It’ll take a while for you to get out in the field, but I promise you it’ll be worth it.”

    I nodded as I admired all the suits. “When do we start?”

    “Right now.” Ollie said as he pointed to a set of sparring mats. “Let’s see what you’ve got.”

    I hesitantly made my way towards the mats and stood across from Roy. Seeing how nervous I was he gave me a reassuring nod. I nodded back and as soon as I put my fists up Roy advanced. I immediately started blocking and dodging his attacks to the best of my ability. Eventually he got me pinned to the mat.

    “Your defense is pretty good.” Roy said. “And you’ve definitely got the muscle. We just need to work on your offense, and your cry of course.” He got up and held out his hand to help me up.

    “Yeah, and how exactly are we going to do that?” I asked. 

    “I’ll teach you everything I know.” Dinah said. “But for now let’s teach you how to defend yourself.”

    “You could use your acrobatic skills to your advantage.” Ollie said.

    “How?” I asked.

    “You’re flexible.” He answered. “That can be used to fight your opponent and get out of holds easily.” He walked behind me and gently put me in a head lock. “So if your opponent puts you in a hold like this, how are you going to get out of it?”

    I grabbed his arm, swung my legs over his shoulder loosening his grip on my neck, and kicked the back of his knee knocking him off balance.

    “Good.” He said as he stood up. “I think that’s enough for today. We should all get some rest.”

    We all headed up to the main parts of the house, and Roy offered to give me a tour, to which I gladly accepted. The tour ended with him leading me to my room.

    “My bedroom is just across the hall.” Roy said. “If you need anything don’t be afraid to come by.”

“Thanks; I’ll keep that in mind.” I said, flashing a small smile. He smiled back and turned to head into his room. “Goodnight Roy.”

    He turned around and smiled. “Goodnight Lorelei.”

    With that we disappeared into our rooms. I grabbed a pair of pajamas from one of the drawers and quickly changed into them before falling into a deep, peaceful sleep. That peaceful sleep quickly turned into nightmares. I didn’t even realize what was happening until I woke up to Roy sitting on the edge of the bed trying to wake me up.

    “Lorelei it’s okay.” He said holding my shoulders to keep me from falling off the bed. “It was just a dream; you’re okay.”

    I shook my head crying. “It wasn’t a dream Roy. It was real.”

    Roy brought me into his arms and tried to calm me down by rubbing my back. “Is there someone you want me to call? Your brother maybe?”

    I looked at the clock through blurred vision; it was 3:30 a.m. “No, he’s asleep. I’ll be okay.”

    “Are you sure?” He asked. I nodded as I wiped away my tears. “Okay. Try to get some sleep.”

    I got back under the covers and tried to go back to sleep; before Roy could leave I shot up and asked, “C-can you stay with me please? I really don’t want to be alone right now.”

    He nodded. “Of course.”

    I scooted over to give him plenty of room so he could climb in next to me. I quickly fell asleep, knowing I had Roy there with me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    The next day Roy and I went down to the ‘Arrowcave’, as Ollie put it, for training. We’ve only been here for a few hours and this is the fourth time Roy’s knocked me to the floor.

    “What’s going on with you?” Roy asked as he helped me up.

    “Nothing, let’s go again.” I said, getting in my starting position. He walked up to me and grabbed my hands gently.

    “It’s about the nightmare, isn’t it.” He said softly as we sat on the sparring mat. 

    I gulped. “I um…yeah.”

    “Wanna talk about it?” He asked.

    “Not really.” I answered.

    “You know,” He started as he shifted closer to me. “You can talk to me.”

    I sighed. “It’s just…I keep seeing their faces. How scared they looked.”

    I didn’t realize I was crying until I felt Roy wipe my tears away with his thumb. “Come on, I want to show you something.”

He helped me stand and left no room for debate as we left the huge mansion.