Baby (Hyunjin sickfic)

Stray Kids had been promoting for their last album for almost 3 weeks already and it was starting to get to the boys. The usual energy having left their bodies, being replaced with annoyance, anger, sensibility and of course, because it couldn't get better, sickness.

Sickness is something common for, you know, human beings, but for these particular human beings, getting sick meant a huge throwback, they just couldn't afford one of the members getting sick. Not like they wouldn't take care of the sick boy if someone was to fall ill, but they all knew that it was inconvenient for the team, hence, the bad habit of hiding sickness until they were at the brink of death.

They were at vocal practice when Hyunjin felt it. His stomach gurgled and made a funny noise, luckily for him, the place was too loud for anyone to notice his upset stomach. 'Maybe he was hungry', he thought, but it was unlikely for they had eaten not too long ago and Hyunjin knew it, he just didn't want to face the fact that he was probably, and almost definitely, sick.

He had felt a hint of it while having breakfast that morning, his usual amount of food being too much for him to ingest. He had received weird looks from Minho and Chan when he pushed his almost full plate. He had gotten off the hook with an 'I'm not hungry right now' and Chan and Minho, being too tired to argue, just let it slide. It wasn't like Hyunjin had been lying, he really wasn't hungry, although the reason remained unknown... Until vocal practice of course.

As practice continued, he could feel his insides having some sort of party inside, which by the way, they hadn't invited him to, quite disrespectful if you asked Hyunjin.

With every word that came out of his mouth, he could feel his stomach getting more and more upset. His insides were no longer having just a party, they were enjoying a full-blown Tomorrowland inside him and he could feel the cramps coming and waves of pain crushed him.

He kept singing like nothing was happening and everything was going relatively ok until a painful cramp knocked the air out of him. It was so painful Hyunjin had the urge to just drop to the floor and cry but instead, he stood there trying not to show just in how much pain he was.

The music kept going and without him noticing, his part came, and as expected, he missed his cue. The music stopped and only then Hyunjin noticed what had happened, too focused on not dying to notice before. The vocal coach scolded him lightly and they continued but Hyunjin could see the annoyance seeping from the other members, he saw how Chan slightly rolled his eyes, he heard Changbin's sigh and he felt like a complete burden, they had no time for him to get sick so why couldn't he just be strong, everyone was working just as hard, if not harder, and he couldn't do that to them, burden them like that, he had to toughen up and continue, so that's what he did, or at least tried to.

He kept singing and he tried, with all his might, to concentrate on the task at hand. Focus on the music and not the pain was his moto at that moment. He didn't want to disappoint anyone so he just kept going, even if he felt like crying and screaming and dying and he didn't want to go on. He wanted Chan or Jisung or anyone really to cuddle him, to tell him that everything would be alright and that he wasn't a burden but, he couldn't do that and there was no one to tell him he would be ok so he just sang, hoping that his pain would go away soon.

Finally, as if the gods had heard him, the instructor announced the end of practice and that the day was over, finally, finally, over. Hyunjin sighed and moved to get his bag when he felt what little he had eaten coming up his throat.

He stopped on his tracks and breathed hoping that nausea would subside and that his breakfast would go back to its place. Just as the nausea was subsiding, someone pushed him, that someone being Felix, it wasn't as if Felix had pushed him hard, it was just a little nudge to cue Hyunjin to move for him to take his own bag but to Hyunjin's upset stomach, it was as if Felix had pushed him against the wall, and kicked his stomach and left him there to die, yes, that bad.