16

It had been a couple of days since the incident with Derek and a lot seemed to happen. Just last night, Jackson, Lydia and a worker were attacked in the video store which actually resulted to his death.

Everyone seemed to be convinced but Scott says that it was the alpha. Him and Stiles were both at the scene but while Stiles was there with his dad, Scott was with Derek on the roof observing.

I walked over to Allison's locker, which were filled with balloons, curtesy of me and Lydia. They popped out, startling Allison a little, but she shoved them back in and I met her sad, brown eyes.

I walked over to her to say happy birthday but she cut me off before I even got a chance. "Kelsey, I didn't want people knowing it's my birthday." She sighed frustratedly. "It's your birthday?"

Our heads snap round to see Scott approaching us with a confused smile. "No, no. Ok fine yeah." She said stammering a little. "Please don't tell anybody, I don't even know how you found out, Kelse." I simply grinned and face Scott again.

"Why wouldn't you tell me? He smile faltered slightly and I could sense the awkward tension. I slipped away, not like they noticed, and went to go find Stiles.

"Just a reminder, parent/teacher conferences are tonight." Mr Harris said in a monotonous voice. "Students below a 'C' average are required to attend." I tuned him out knowing I didn't have to go. No parents, no conference.

"Has anyone seen Scott McCall?" He looked directly at Stiles, who was highlighting what seemed was his whole book.

As soon as Stiles looked up, the door opened and Jackson walked towards his seat. "Hey Jackson, if you need to leave for any reason, just let me know." Jackson nodded with his jaw clenched tightly.

"Everyone start reading chapter nine." That was my queue to lay down and got to sleep. "Stilinski, try putting down your highlighter between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a colouring book." I laughed but it soon turned into a yawn and my eyes fluttered shut.

Me and Stiles walked out of class side by side. He was calling Scott for the 90th time and this time he picked up. "Finally! Have you been getting my texts." Stiles exclaimed loudly causing me to wince.

"Do you have any idea what's going on?" Stiles then started screaming about what happened last night while I texted Lydia's mom. She wasn't in school and I wanted to go see if she's ok.

Scott hung up on him and Stiles started to mumble curses under his breath. I rolled my eyes and took ahold of his hand. "Come on we're gonna see Lydia." And he didn't complain once.

Miss Martin greeted me a hug and Stiles with a smile and led us up to Lydia's room. "Honey, Kelsey and Stiles is here to see you." She told Lydia softly.

"What the hell is a Stiles?" Lydia mumbled causing me to laugh a little. "She took a little something to ease her nerves." She told Stiles apologetically before turning to me. "You can go in."

She left the room and we turned to Lydia to see her laying down on her side with one hand on her head to hold her up. "What are you guys doing here?" She narrowed her eyes at us making Stiles nervous.

"We were just making sure you were ok." I nodded my head along and sat down on the edge of her bed. She looked at her nails before turning to him again. "Why?" She patted the spot next to her and he obliged.

I stood up went over to Lydia's vanity and took a seat so I could see how this would play out. "Cause I was worried about you. How you feeling." His voice showed so much care making me smile.

Lydia then grabbed onto his bicep and squeezed it making Stiles tense up. "I feel fantastic." She inched her face centimetres away from Stiles and I cursed to myself that I didn't have popcorn.

Stiles chuckled nervously before his eyes etched over to the pills that were squished between her stuffed giraffe. He picked them up and inspected them before turning back to Lydia with a knowing look.

I peered over Stiles' shoulder to see what pills she had taken. "Hey Lyds, I bet you can't say I saw Suzy sitting in a shoeshine shop ten times fast." She gave me determined look before attempting.

She tried but all her responses came out slurred or the words muddled up.
Lydia moved he face away from Stiles and stared at the wall with a blank look. "I saw..."

"Lydia, why did you see?" I put a comforting hand on her shoulder and her eyes flickered between me and Stiles with the same expression. "Something." She looked down, refusing to meet our eyes.

"Something like a mountain lion?" Stiles asked trying to get more out of her. "A mountain lion." While her eyes were on the wall once again, me and Stiles shared a look.

"Lydia, what's this?" I picked up her stuffed giraffe from her bedside table and she twisted her head towards me. "A mountain lion." I sighed and put her bear back on the table. Lydia, however, placed her forehead on Stiles thigh. "Your so drunk."

Stiles looked down at Her and gasped because of how close her hand was to his crotch. I put a hand over my mouth to muffle my laugh but my eyes were brimmed with tears of amusement.

Lydia finally got up and laid in her original position causing both me and Stiles to stand up. He was standing nervously with his hands in his pockets while I leant on the door with the same amused smirk as before.

"Well, we're gonna go." He awkwardly pointed to the door. "We'll let you resume your post-traumatic stress thing." We walked out into the hallway and Stiles stared at her sleeping form while shutting the door.

"Stay" As soon as those words left her lips, Stiles pushed the door open with wide eyes. He rushed towards her bed and started breathing quite heavily when she put her hands on his face, caressing his cheeks with her thumb.

I placed my hand on my face once again but this time it was over my eyes. I kept one hand on the doorknob just in case they started doing the nasty while I was in the room. "Stay Jackson."

I removed my hands from my eyes to see Stiles' frustrated and upset expression. Lydia fell back onto her bed and slept once again. I put hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner and he smiled at me weakly.

As soon as we got up to leave, her phone started ringing so we answered it for her. I snatched the phone of Stiles knowing that Lydia would be more comfortable with me going through her phone than him.

It was a text. We opened it to find a video had been sent to her anonymously. We were watching the video and saw to red glowing eyes, which could only mean one thing:

It was the Alpha.