28

After the game, which we won by the way, my feelings were in a very conflicted place. I was happy that we had won the game, even happier with my kiss with Brett but with all this happiness came with fear. Fear of what the alpha, even fear of the Argents if they ever found out about Scott.

The other team were still seated on the pitch while the screams of our lacrosse players echoed through the hallways. The Devenford players had their heads bowed in defeat except for one. Brett was looking at me with his same dazzling smile but i could tell he was still hurt from losing the game.

Their coach finished off a pep talk he was giving the team and dismissed them with a shake of the head. They all picked themselves up and trudged towards the exit of the school. I was about to head that way too but a certain blond calling my name stopped me in my tracks.

"Kelsey wait up!" I slowed down my steps and soon enough he was standing next to me, shoulder to shoulder. "Congrats to your team, they played well, even though i was trying to win for you." He threw in a cheeky wink and i couldn't help but chuckle.

"Wow Brett i'm truly flattered." I said sarcastically but i still couldn't help the flutter in my heart as he said that. He laughed as well but soon stopped and grabbed my hand. I looked down at our interlocked fingers and turned away so he couldn't see me blushing.

We kept walking in comfortable silence until we ended up outside my house. "It's been nice walking with you, we should do it again sometime." We were both now facing each other with the cool breeze of the night softly blowing our hair to the side.

"It would be my honour to walk with you again, Miss Greene." His pearly whites on display as his gaze flickered between my eyes and lips. "Anywhere with you would be amazing, doesn't matter if it's just a walk or if it's me showing you how to play lacrosse."

"Well how about a dance? Winter formal is coming and since your the only boy i'm int-" His slender finger was placed on my lips as he quietly shushed me. "Like i said, anywhere with you would be amazing, I'd love to come to the dance with you." My eyes lit up and immediately drew him into a hug.

He hugged me back with his face nuzzled into my neck and my head resting comfortably on his chest with the sound of his heartbeat filling my ear. We were in that position for a good five minutes before i pulled away. I planted a kiss on his flushed cheek before rushing inside to my room.

I fell on my bed with a huge sigh leaving my smiling lips. I turned to my side and picked up the picture that was standing on my bedside table. "I think i've found a good one mama." With a kiss to the picture, i curled under my sheets and fell asleep with only happy thoughts clouding my mind.

A/N: I know i said i'd write after england vs ukraine match but i honestly forgot and i was too upset to write after the final but now i'm back and writing more.
This is a short one but longer ones are coming soon ;)