ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing off the hook. I groan and after putting on my glasses reach for it to see who the hell is calling me at this time in the morning. 

My screen lights up and I blink twice when I see the numbers. 11:53 am. Damn I slept in. Underneath there is a list of missed calls and messages from Victoria and Sadie. All of the texts various forms of 'where the hell are you'

I sigh and answer the phone. Victoria immediately picks up.

"Gigi, don't ever disappear on us like that again," She says angrily. 

"Good Morning to you too," I respond. "And yeah i know, I'm sorry. Stuff happened."

Victoria goes quiet.

"Look, I'm sorry we forced you to go to the dance. Did you talk with Miguel or something?" 

"No, and it's fine. You didn't make me go. I made that decision all on my own," I tell her. I brush a hand through my messy hair and look down at my dress. I was so tired last night that I didn't even take it off.

"What happened then?" Victoria asks her voice apprehensive. 

"I fought with Kenzi," I respond. 

"Wait, that was you?" 

"Yeah, did you hear about it or something?" I say.

"Yeah, there was some stuff circulating but I was too busy with-" She stops short. Sadie. I had totally forgotten. 

"So you and Sadie?" I say trying to contain the excitement in my voice, knowing full well that it will only cause Victoria to became more embarrassed. 

"Yeah," She squeaks. "I guess." I can practically hear the blush in her words. 

"I'm really happy for you guys," I say.

"Really?" Her voice sounds nervous.

"Yes, really." I smile to myself. "Sooo... are you lesbian?" 

"I'm still trying to figure it out, I've liked guys before so maybe Bisexual. All I know for sure is that I like Sadie, I really like her," She responds breathlessly. 

I laugh. "Okay," I tell her. "that's the most  important thing." 

We share a brief moment of silence. As friends it happens a lot and it's not awkward. 

"Oh!" Victoria suddenly says her voice getting excited. "It's Sadie, can I-" She pauses.

"For sure, go for it girl!" I smile, hangup and go take a shower. 

***

The whole weekend I spend lazily in my bed, apart from the world and all it's people. Sadie and Victoria are so caught up with each other that they practically forget me, and it's okay. I don't mind. Being alone for two whole days gives me time to reflected on all the chaos of the past two weeks. Part of me wishes that I had not gone to that camping trip but the other part of me knows that if I hadn't I would have never met the real Miguel. Well, I guess if I hadn't really bonded with him the all this drama would not have happened. But if there had been no drama then Alex wouldn't have talked to me and I wouldn't have finally confronted Kenzi and let it all off my chest. It's crazy how one thing leads to another. It shows that life is just a domino effect of events. Things happening because of other things happening and on and on. 

Soon Monday comes rolling around and suddenly I realize that we actually don't have school. It's Thanksgiving break and Thanksgiving break means...-omg, my birthday! I had completely lost track of the days. 

As if on cue I receive of text from Victoria.

Victoria: r u doing anything for you b-day?

Me: I dunno, if i'm being honest I had completely forgotten...... :0

Victoria: WHAT! 

Me: ...

Victoria: well, me and Sadie were thinking, maybe the three of us should go to the Giving Thanks Festival on Wednesday? you know, tradition?

The Giving Thanks Festival is this huge celebration in town. It's basically a fair with games and food and it takes place around the same days as my birthday. For as long as I can remember Victoria and I (and Kenzi when she was our friend) would go to the Giving Thanks Festival for at least one day. Wednesday is my birthday, and it actually sounds like a good idea. Victoria is right, I like tradition. 

Me: Yes! Let's do it, just us girls :)

Victoria: Awesome, i'll tell Sadie

And just then I realize that I actually wanna invite one more person. 

a/n: Mwahahahahha, comment and guess who you think she wants to invite :) Actually it's pretty obvious but still. 

Also I was pretty inspired so that is why I finished this chapter earlier than I had planned!! Thx for reading! <3