ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙

"Shit, shit, shit," Miguel cusses as we stand up and rush to the nearest tent, shielding ourselves from the rain. My glasses are already speckled with raindrops when we reach the tent. I unzip it and we pile inside. 

It's our tent. I push away the sleeping bags so they won't get wet and we sit on top of the pads. I strip off my jacket and take off my wet glasses. Miguel and Alex do the same. Despite being shielded from the rain and wind it's still chilly inside the tent. I grab a blanket and toss Miguel and Alex some of the other's blankets, hopefully they won't mind. Both Miguel and Alex take the blankets and look around the tent curiously.

"Really guys? What's so interesting about our tent, you looking for lingerie or something?" I say jokingly. They laugh but both turn slightly pink.

Soon the rain stops and Alex leaves to use the bathroom. Suddenly I'm alone with Miguel, and I want to kiss him. I should not be feeling this way. I like Alex, love him even. Miguel is not Alex. Miguel is Miguel. Funny, sweet, charismatic, handsome Miguel. With beautiful eyes- oh no. Maybe I do feel that way. What does he think of me? My heart starts beating when I notice him staring at me intently. Horrified I reach for my face.

"Do I have something on my face?" I ask nervously. He shakes his head and keeps staring.

"In my hair? In my teeth?" I'm becoming desperate for an answer to save me from further humiliation. He bites his lip and smiles.

"How come I never knew your eyes were so beautiful?" he whispers. I feel the air leave my chest.

"Maybe you never looked," I suggest softly. He shakes his head.

"They look different when you're not wearing glasses, because I have definitely been looking at you." I blush and self consciously touch my bare face. I suddenly wish I was wearing my glasses, I feel naked without them.

"And you have been lookin at me," he adds. "Don't deny it." I don't say anything. He moves closer to me and suddenly I can't stop looking at his lips. Before I realize what I'm doing I lean forward and kiss him.

He kisses me back.

His lips are soft and taste like cinnamon and coffee and rain water. I wrap my arm around his neck and twirl the ends of his dark hair with my fingers. He moves his hands to my waist and sighs.

When we pull apart I am flushed and tingling. Alex opens the zipper of the tent at the moment and I turn around and refuse to look at Miguel as if nothing has happened.

♡ ♡ ♡