ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜

Victoria and Sadie are coming to pick me up in fifteen minutes and I have not even put my dress on. 

Already I am having second thoughts on whether it really is a good idea to go to the dance. I'm sure Alex will be there and Miguel and everyone else in the school who have probably seen my video. 

Sighing I pickup my dress and slip it over my head. It's a dark red color that I thought looked really god with my hair but now just seems like it will just draw attention. After much thought I do decide to wear it. I brush out the tangles in my hair and apply some makeup so I at least look presentable. Just as I am finishing I hear a car pull up my driveway. I grab my purse and run outside to meet my friends,. As the car drives away from my house I know this is it. I'm going to the dance and there is no going back. 

♡ ♡ ♡

Crowds are waiting outside the school gym when we arrive. Even from the car I can hear the thumping base beat of a song playing from inside gym. My heart immediately speeds up at the sight of so many people. Sadie reaches for my hand and squeezes looking me in the eye.

"Everything is gonna be fine Gigi, just go out there and own it," she says. 

"Thank you," I say but I'm not so certain. 

Together the three of us walk towards the crowds. Much to my surprise no one really looks at me. It is as if everything that happened a couple days ago is forgotten. Maybe it really is. Life goes on and nobody cares anymore. This gives me a bit of reassurance. 

We pay and enter the building. The disco ball hanging from the roof reflects light all over the gym and the stars hanging look beautiful in contrast with the dark blue cloths on the wall. I smile to myself and remember just how much I like school dances. It just a night, but it's a night that can be filled with magic. 

The first half of the night is really fun. The three of us dance like no one is watching and I completely forget about  boys and all the drama. It liberating. 

Halfway through I excuse myself to get something to drink. Sadie and Victoria continue dancing together.  I push my way through the crowds of people dancing, and make my way towards the snack table. I grab a cup and fill it with Lemonade. I down it in one gulp and refill, but that's when I hear it. The slow dance. Suddenly I'm having a deja vu. I cannot believe this is happening. Memories of the first dance start taking over my thoughts and I begin to feel sick. I need to get out of here. I scan the dance floor for Victoria and Sadie. There they are. I gasp aloud. 

They are on the dance floor. Slow dancing. 

Together

OMG, Victoria and Sadie, but- how did i not realize. I walk closer. They are smiling staring into each others eyes and blushing. In that moment I could never feel more happy.  

Deciding to give them some space I walk towards the door and out to the courtyard. A couple people are seated on the benches but it's mostly empty. I walk over to a bench in the corner and sit down. The fresh air feels good against my warm face. I close my eyes  and enjoy the moment. It's peaceful. 

Suddenly I hear footsteps. They seem to be coming towards me so I open my eyes.

Worst mistake ever. 

There he is. My nemesis, my love, the one person I have been trying to avoid all night. 

Alexander. 

a/n: this wasn't one of my favorite chapters but I still hope you enjoy. :) 

also if you are reading this thank you so much. You have put up with fourteen chapters of my book and I could never be more grateful. Please comment and vote, it would be really appreciated. ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡

-the_other_granger