ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛

I wake up in the nurse's office. The world is blurry, unfocused. I rub my eyes and squint around me. I see Victoria and Sadie's fuzzy outlines sitting on the side of my bed. Both of them look very concerned. Miguel is standing up pacing and Alex is on the other side of my bed. Alex. ALEX. Everything comes back to me and I groan in humiliation. Victoria hands me my glasses and the world blurs back into focus as I sit up.

"You okay?" Sadie asks, placing a hand on my shoulder. I nod and swallow. I try not to look at Alex but it's hard, he's staring at me intently and he half smiles when he sees my eyes on him. I blush and jump out of the bed.

"I gotta get out of here," I say. Both my friends nod and we race out of the nurses office despite her loud calls from behind us. I don't know if Miguel and Alex follow but by the time we are out of the school neither of them are behind me.

As soon as we get home I run to my room and fall on top of my bed. Sadie had to go to her house, something about a doctor appointment so I'm all alone with Victoria. She sits on the edge of my bed and rubs my back in circles.

"I'm sorry G," she says softly. That's what it takes for the tears to come, and I cry and cry until I feel like there is nothing left inside my chest anymore.

♡ ♡ ♡

The next morning I don't want to go to school but my mom makes me, pulling me out of bed and telling me that we have all experienced heartbreak. I tell her it's not heartbreak but she refuses to listen. Last night I got an alert from social media. It was the video. I threw my phone down before I opened it and I have not looked at it since. I don't know if the video of me has gone viral yet but from the looks that people give me when I get to school I know it has. No one except Victoria and Sadie talk to me. I'm glad. I keep my face hidden all day and manage to make it until the bell rings. I trek back home sullenly and this time both Victoria and Sadie follow.

When we arrive I let myself in and silently go to the kitchen for a snack. Victoria stops me before I reach the fridge.

"No, no, no," she says, grabbing my hands. "No distracting yourself." I raise my eyebrows at her.

"We both know you eat whenever you need a distraction." She's right. I sit back down on the table and rest my head on top of my arms groaning loudly. I can tell that Victoria and Sadie are sharing a look over my head but I ignore it. Sadie clears her throat.

"Okay Gigi, first things first." she says slapping the table with her palms. "You never told us you kissed Miguel." I snap up my head.

"Riiiiiight,"

"Girl you need to tell us stuff!" Victoria adds. I nod.

"Yeah, I know. sorry."

"We'll forgive you this time." Sadie says smiling. "But on the condition that you still come to the dance tomorrow." The dance. I had forgotten.

I shake my head. "I don't think so."

"G, c'mon it won't be that bad." Victoria says.

"I don't know..." I tell them uncertainly. Part of me actually wants to go and the other part hates the idea.

"Please, we are going in a group anyway. You can just forget about boys and have fun." Victoria says. I sigh

"Okay, okay fine. But i'm only doing this cause I already bought a dress."