ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡

I try not to focus too much on the game and instead look for shooting stars. I only look when someone spins the beer bottle to make sure it's not pointing at me. Soon it's Alex's turn. This I do pay attention to because even though I know it will hurt to watch his kiss someone else I know it will work as a perfect excuse to stare at him for a while without it being weird. 

Before spinning the bottle he playfully waggles his eyebrows and rubs his hands together as if they were cold. Finally he places his hands on the bottle and gives a deliberate spin. I don't look at where the bottle goes though instead I focus my attention on Alex's face. It's so beautiful, especially in the moonlight. I scan his profile following the arch of his nose and the curve of his lip.  It's like I'm drawn to him, my eyes glued to his face. And suddenly as if he knew I was staring at him he looks up at me and smiles. 

HOLY CRAP! 

My face heats up and I lower my head embarrassed. That's when I see it. The Bottle, my face reflected on the shiny glass, with its neck pointed right between my legs. It takes me half a second to realize what it means.

Shit. This cannot be happening.

Next to me Victoria gasps and Kenzi bursts out:

"You don't have to do it Gigi," Her voice is nervous even as if she were envious. Alex responds for me.

"She has to do it Ken, it's part of the game," he says with a laugh. I blush and feel my heart fluttering quickly in my chest like a hummingbird. Slowly I watch Alex make his way towards me. I lean forwards a little and nervously get closer. He's smiling, the right dimple in his cheeks appearing briefly. And then-his eyes meet mine. I feel the air leave my chest when my eyes lock with his. 

Everyone disappears and it's just the two of us. The smile fades from his lips and I watch as he draws nearer. It seems as if the world is revolving around us. We are the center of the universe. Slowly he closes his eyes and his lips touch mine. They are soft, sweet, smooth, I cannot describe the feeling. 

I close my eyes and relish the moment. For half a second everything is perfect. I am with Alex, we are kissing, the feeling is out of this world. I forget that he doesn't like me, I forget that he has a girlfriend, I forget that everyone is watching. Then, just like that, it's over. 

He pulls back and my balloon pops. I feel the blood rushing in my ears as I sit back down in my place. Alex isn't smiling. Where before there was excitement and pleasure now there is humiliation and embarrassment. I try to take deep breaths and squeeze Victoria's hand, which she placed in mine only moments before. I can tell Kenzi is looking at me so I don't lift my eyes upwards. To spare myself.

The game continues, but I can't take my mind off of the kiss. I can't take my mind off of the fact that Alex kissed me, he fuckin kissed me.

♡ ♡ ♡