Chapter 10: Frostbite

You always tried to be calmed and collected in situations where you felt that your pride and everything you stand for depended on it. You pretended not to notice his rather obvious presence, but it didn't seem like he was going to approach you. After all, he isn't THAT bold. You kept doing your own thing but your mind was somewhere else. You couldn't decide if that night at the kitchen was a favor or the universe plotting against you, or if that day at the cafe was a blessing or a punishment. Either way, you had to come clean to him sooner or later, you were trying your best to keep your promise to Midoriya considering the friendly blackmail.

During your training, one of the objects spiraled out of control, right into Todoroki's ice. "Shit, my bad." Another thing about your quirk is that if too many thoughts run through your head at once, it could intervene with your telekinesis making you lose control. So staying focus was a big part of mastering your power.

"It's alright." He replied without even looking at you.

You noticed he was clenching his right hand, you glance at him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just overdone it again" even after the sport's festival, he was still reluctant about using his fire quirk but you didn't understand why. "I'll go see Recovery Girl."

"Uh she's out for the day, so I don't know about that."

"Oh"

He seemed to not know what to say after that which wasn't surprising, there was definitely tension between you two. You weren't ready to confront it and he doesn't even know why there's such tension in the first place.

"I can treat it for you if you like." You looked quite scared to asked but he seemed to appreciate the gesture.

"That's fine by me."

You grabbed a first aid kit and headed to the back room of the gym. Todoroki followed you and once again you passed by Denki who gave you yet another awkward wink. "He is so dysfunctional." You thought, but you were grateful for his support.

You reached the room, Shoto took a chair and sat down, "It's not that I don't believe you, but I wish to know the reason why you feel like you should be avoiding me." His straightforwardness terrified you, he doesn't waste time.

You wondered if you should lie, again you wanted to come clean to him at your own time. Plus a gym equipment closet wasn't the nicest setting. "I didn't mean it to come off that way."

"Then what did you intend?" He asked tilting his head.

You thought for a bit as you opened the first aid kit and he rolled up his right sleeve. "You are rather intimidating."

"Heh?"

How he looked at you when you said that was a bit funny but you didn't laugh. "You come off as intimidating. And I also can't seem to figure you out."

"What is there to figure out?"

That question startled you and you held your breath. You kept looking down at the first aid kit and he bent down to look at you still in question. "Is he trying to give me an aneurism?" His bluntness always caught you by surprise but you couldn't help but find it somehow intriguing.

While avoiding eye contact you responded, "I don't know, you're just very private and I barely know anything about you. That's all."

"What do you wish to know?" He was tilting forward while resting his right arm on his leg, he let you look at it.

"Well for starters you got frostbite because you refuse to use your fire, you're throwing off your body temperature. So why do you refuse to use your fire quirk?"

"I hate my father." He said with a straight face.

"Is he deadass?" You asked yourself. His straightforwardness kept taking you by surprise, considering you are very unfiltered yourself. "Are you going to elaborate on that?" You reached for a warm pack and placed it on his arm.

"I don't wish to get into it." He looked down at the ground.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." You realized it was a sensitive topic and decided you wouldn't go there again unless he brought it up.

"You didn't, I'm okay. Is there something else you would like to know?"

You wanted to choose you words carefully. After the last question you knew better than to ask about his scar.

This conversation went on for a bit longer. You realized you've been holding his hands and playing with his fingers this entire time. "I- OH- I'm sorry! I didn't notice!" You quickly let go but you also realized he never pulled away either, which made you panic more.

"It's okay. You were just taking care of me."

You didn't say anything to that and just grabbed the bandage and wrapped it on his arm. "Uh you should be set."

Suddenly both of you could hear Bakugo's screams, very subtle but loud enough to know it's him.

"Oi, where's the half and half bastard?!"

"Uh in the equipment closet." Said Denki.

"Huh? What for?!"

"How should I know Bakubro?"

~Back at the closet~

"Thank you, I appreciate the help."

"Uh- uhm! Anytime." You said with a hint of anxiety."

"Anytime?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"What the fuc-"

"HEY ICY HOT- what the hell are you two doing here?" Bakugo came in busting the closet door open.

"Y/N was treating my frostbite."

"Maybe if you weren't such a coward this shit wouldn't happen."

Todorki looked very much done with Bakugo slander. "I appreciate your concern, Bakugo."

"Tch!" Said Bakugo rolling his eyes. Deep down we all knew he cared about his friends, he was just an ass at showing it.

Todorki got up from his seat and reached his hand to you to help you get up. "We should go, class hasn't been dismissed."

"Uh okay."

All three of you left the room and went back to your previous spots.

You just stood there looking into the infinity and beyond. "Does he really expect me to just move past that?! What the hell does he mean by 'aNyTiMe?' What is he trying to dig for?!" You were still processing these four eventful days, even though they have felt like weeks to you.

————————————————————————
Hello everyone! I enjoyed writing this chapter because some tension actually gets build up lol.
As many of you know it's best boi's birthday today uwu.

Photo belongs to @notendeavor on Instagram!!!