Chapter 12: Denial

Your dorm has a small tradition of playing UNO every Friday night. You decided to join them this time since you passed the opportunity to play on the last two occasions. There was a knock on your door.

"Come in!"

It was Mina, "Hey Y/N, you joining us?" She asked with a big smile.

"Sure" She walked up to you and grabbed your hand.

"Yay! Let's go."

Everyone was in their pajamas, and there were snacks on the table. Deku was already there wearing his All MIght onesie. Bakugo was already claiming he will win while Kirishima claimed that we're all winners.

"Ah, you came." Mocked Deku.

"Yeah yeah I did."

"Is there any special reason why you decided to show up?" He asked with a big smile.

"No" you said annoyed. "I've been meaning to ask you, why where you in such hurry earlier-"

"Alright extras, let's get this game started!" Screamed Bakugo. Everyone could tell Bakugo always had fun during these games, even though he would never admit to it.

"Alright alright," spoke Denki, "ladies and bros, tonight we'll be playing 7's and 0's." The whole class whined. "Everyone's favorite rule set"

"Lies!" shouted Sero from the back.

"C'mon it's not that bad." Considering the number of people in the class, they had to use two decks of cards so everyone could play.

Denki started passing out the cards, "My cards are ass" you thought, "Deku always gets lucky with his hand."

You realized Todoroki was missing, his usual seat was taken by Aoyama. "Hey, where's Todoroki?" You asked Midoriya.

"Took you long enough to ask." He said laughing at you. "Ah, there he comes."

He was wearing some sweat pants, a white t-shirt, and slippers.

"Uh, Deku?"

"What is it?" he replied while going through his cards.

"He is heading over here."

"So what about it? Just talk to him, he is most definitely no bark so he won't bite."

You calmed yourself a bit and tried to pretend you didn't notice him coming towards you.

"Hello." Said Todoroki.

"Hi, you came."

"So did you." He replied bluntly.

"Yeah, I miss out on quite a bit when I don't come to these."

There was an empty space next to you, "May I sit here?" He asked.

"I don't see why not."

He took a seat and leaned forward, then directed his attention to you. "I don't remember thanking you for earlier, so thank you."

"No problem." You noticed he didn't have cards in his hand, "are you not going to play?"

"No, I'm not really good at this game. Watching Bakugo lose it, it's enough fun for me."

You laughed at his response, he surprisingly had a good sense of humor but you knew he doesn't realize it. "How's your arm? You have to change the bandage again soon."

"It doesn't bother me as much. Mind changing it for me?"

"Yup, he's trying to kill me." you thought. "Sure, before I go to my dorm."