Chapter 9: Intuition

The rest of the weekend went by pretty fast and you and Todoroki occasionally said hi to each other.  You kept studying in your room scared to encounter Todoroki and becoming a shaking mess. Monday finally arrived, the day of the test.

You and Deku walked to class together as usual. It was raining so you wore your yellow rain boots and held your ducky umbrella.

"Good morning Midoriya, good morning Y/N." Iida was always earlier than everyone else as the 'class representative.'

"Good morning Tenya." You sounded tired, you couldn't sleep thinking about your deal with Deku. You knew there was no escaping this one, if Todoroki had to know, you wanted to find out through you.

Everyone sat at their seats waiting for class to start, you glanced around the class while everyone was doing their own thing. From the corner of your eye, you could see Todoroki also doing his own thing. You made odd eye contact with Denki, you waved but he just weirdly smiled at you. "What the fuck." You were visibly confused but his expression didn't change. You ignored him and the class started.

"Good morning everyone."

"Good morning Professor Aizawa."

You tried to pay attention but you could feel Denki's sharp glare on you. "What's up with him today?! This is worse than his dumbass short circuit." You looked at him without moving your head. You did a gesture indicating if he wanted something, he shook his head saying no maintaining the weird ass smile on his face.

You took your tests and thanks to Todoroki, you actually managed to answer most questions without a struggle. Class went by with Denki still looking into your soul. The bell rang indicating it was time for lunch, you got up and walked up to Denki. "Outside, now."

He laughed, "Let's go then." He looked oddly confident and you wondered what was he on.

You pulled him aside and signaled Deku you would meet him downstairs.

"Okay, so what's your deal Kaminari?"

"I just know something that you don't know that I know."

You squinted your eyes at him with a threatening look, you thought for a bit and then it clicked to you. He was there the night you spent studying in the kitchen, and when Deku busted out of your room looking for Todoroki. "Spit it the fuck out then."

"I know how you feel about Todoroki :>"

"You bastard, you were spying on us that night."

"No, I was asleep but you guys woke me up. I just didn't move until you left. Plus, I could see it right through you."

"That's still spying Denki! You listened in to our conversation."

"It's not like I wanted to dude."

You gave an out huge sigh, "Will you tell him?"

"No, but I'm rooting for you."

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah! You look good for each other!" He said to you with a big smile.

You sighed again but it was from relief. "Thanks, Denki." You said as you hugged him.

He hugged you back, "No worries bro."

You made your way to the cafeteria and because the universe likes seeing you suffer, Todoroki was sitting at your table with Midoriya and Iida. Deku noticed you at the entrance and gave you a funny look which made you think he probably brought Todoroki with him.

"Hey, y'all" you said while giving Deku a death stare.

"Hey best friend, how are you doing in this fine afternoon?" said Deku mocking you.

You nudge him in the rib with your elbow as you sat down next to him.

"I'm doing great." You said sarcastically.

"I can't help but notice the sarcasm in your tone Y/N." Said Iida slightly confused with your change in attitude.

"Glad you noticed steamy legs."

Deku pulled both you and Iida, who were sitting on either side of him, for a hug, "Isn't this great? Three friends, and Todoroki of course, enjoying some nice lunchtime together." You noticed how overly confident he was so you felt like bursting his bubble.

"You seem to be forgetting your part of the deal."

Those words instantly wiped off the smile on his face and he no longer looked very confident, "Exactly, so drop the bullshit and start thinking about what you are going to do about it." You said knowing you got him.

"What deal?" Ask Todoroki.

"Don't worry about it, same for you Iida." Iida looked confused but Todoroki looked intrigued.

"Imma go get lunch, be right back." You said and Deku still had that defeated look on his face.

"I'll go with you." Said Todoroki. You couldn't just say no so you allowed him to come with you. He let you in front of him in the line. "You've been avoiding me."

"What makes you say that?" You tried to be calmed and collected because if Denki out of people saw right through you there's no way Todoroki won't. However, you knew he wasn't very in touch with his emotions, or at least he isn't really good at expressing them.

"You avoid studying in the kitchen now."

You looked away knowing he wasn't completely wrong about that, you sighed.

"Is there a reason?"

"Not at all. I didn't mean to."

"Hm, if you say so."

"Is he challenging me?" you wondered quietly. Lately, the word 'bold' seemed to have become his second name.

You both got your food and went back to the table, you passed by Denki and he gave you an awkward wink and you gave out a nervous smile. Todoroki raised an eyebrow. The rest of lunch was pretty chill and you and your friends talked while enjoying your food. The bell rang and it was gym period.

Apart from Deku, Tsu was a really close friend of yours. You walked together to the locker room to get ready.

"I see ya covered the hole in the wall." You said.

"I had enough of Mineta's crap." Said Jirou clearly annoyed.

You sat on the bench in front of your locker looking down at the ground and you were visibly conflicted.

"Y/N? Ribbit."

"Oh hey Tsu, what's up?"

"I could ask you the same thing, are you ok?"

"Barely ok I would say, just have a lot on my mind that's all."

"You can always come to my dorm and talk about it, ribbit."

"Thanks, I appreciate that." You said with a warm smile.

Everyone was done getting ready and headed to the gym. Tsu grabbed your hand as a way of support, she has always been very fond of you.

The gym was bright and the air was clean. Professor Aizawa was already waiting for everyone there. Deku was especially excited since he knew today we would just be strengthening our quirks. You could use the training yourself to build up some pain tolerance to the headaches. Everyone dispersed into the gym to do their thing and you picked a quiet corner. You gathered some random objects, of different shapes and sizes, and lined them up. You build up tolerance by holding the objects longer than usual and increasing the time in between each trial.

You suddenly felt cold freezing air, it gave you goosebumps, but those were mostly because you knew who they were coming from. You pretended not to notice but he seems to have gotten too good at seeing right through you.

————————————————————————
Hey everyone! I'm really glad people are liking the story. Lately, I've had some writer's block so I took a break because I didn't want to force it and ruin the story. If I don't post on my regular schedule because I want to make sure everything is right how I want it. Thanks for all the support! 💕