Chapter 3: Lunch Money

Class was over and you could finally eat.

"Hey, Y/N! Over here!"

It was Deku and Iida. They always waited for you after class and ate together at lunch.

"How did it go?" Deku asked.

"Uh well he isn't one to speak much as we already know. I gave my ideas and he didn't even fight it or suggest anything else."

"As expected. Shoto doesn't really like confrontation but I'm sure he just agreed with you."

"Yeah you're probably right."

All three of you headed for lunch which you were very much anticipating. "Let's get on line, I'm starving. I haven't eaten all day." Both Deku and Iida went with you.

"Crap I forgot my money in my bag. Be right back" you said hurrying to your table. Once at the table you noticed you didn't even bring your bag with you. "Ugh"

You
Hey I forgot my bag in class so imma head there brb

Best broccoli boi
Got it

You
Also don't let steamy legs eat spicy, he knows he can't handle that shit and still eats it then we gotta deal with it  >:/

Best broccoli boi
Fully noted ._.

You made your way upstairs then through the hallways when you felt someone walking behind you. You turned around.

"Todoroki?! What the fuck are you doing???"

"Walking"

"Well no shit but like I barely realized you were behind me."

"I'm used to that."

"-_- why didn't you say anything?"

"You seemed like you were in a hurry."

"Yeah I forgot my lunch money so I came- wait what are you up here?"

"I like walking around during lunch if I'm not hungry."

"Can't you get in trouble for that?"

"I suppose."

"I seeee, well uh thought I should tell you, it was nice working with you today." His eyes widen a little more than usual. 

"Oh, thank you. Same goes for you."

Awkward silence filled the space again and both of you kinda wanted to die right there and then.

"Imma make my way to class, I need to eat, iron deficiency is a thing and I don't know if you will catch me." You hurried to the room and grabbed your money. You kinda hoped he would be far ahead by the time you left the classroom to avoid small talk. It turns out his walking speed is as fast as Denki's thought process so he was outside by the time you were done.

"Oh you're still here." You quickly realized how mean that sounded. "I-it's not that I don't want you here is just I thought you would be far gone!"

"It's alright, I understand." It seemed he hardly took stuff personally.

"Oh okay good." You didn't know what else to say but you still didn't want to leave him behind. "Uh do you want to come and sit with me and my friends? You don't have to if you don't want to." He seemed surprised and kind of pleased with your offer.

"Sure, I'll go"

Both of you headed downstairs without saying a word to each other. "If it wasn't for our lack of social skills, we would have nothing in common." You thought while avoiding eye contact with him.

———————————————————————
I'll be using lost of headcannons I've seen on random comments on TikTok and some I've thought of myself. For example, I would always imagine Shoto walking through the hallways during lunch and reading slice of life manga due to him being able to resonate with a lot of it and projecting on to it. Again tysm to everyone who has read my story 💕