13. Christmas complications

A/N: Soon we are going to start seeing a little bit of Fred's point of view hope you enjoy and thank you for 100 reads! 🥰

The rest of that night was mainly spent preparing for Christmas and she got to know Bill and Fleur some more. No one confronted her about getting upset which was almost the relief of the century, but her family did come up in conversation once and a while.

Strangely that night she managed to sleep decently after two hours of staring at the ceiling, her head was absolutely flooded this was her first Christmas without them. She didn't know how she would hold up. If she would collapse in front of everyone, or if she would be able to fasten her cracking façade. She fell asleep to the memory of last Christmas, she didn't know anything about this world she was at peace a whole person, she had painted her brother a landscape piece, the scenery was from when they visited Scotland he wouldn't take his eyes of this certain stretch of land so she encapsulated it for him, he started too cry when she gave it too him she didn't know why, wanted too ask him why. But never would be able too ask him why. Not anymore.

-

The next morning, she was awoken by Ginny and Hermione shaking her, Angelina had stayed with George but somehow it felt like there where ten people shaking her the amount of force they were using.

She shot up in bed rubbing her dreary eyes.

"finally, quick get dressed" came Ginny's voice.

"wha-

"come on hurry".

Her clouded mind couldn't wrap around what was happening, what day even was it? She went to the bathroom got a quick shower and put on some jeans with a Christmas polo, and that's when it hit her, it was Christmas day.

She ran back to Ginny's room as soon as she was done.

"It's Christmas" she said bursting through the doors.

"No shit sherlock" Hermione giggled.

"did you suffer temperamental memory loss this morning?" Ginny asked with a smirk.

"maybe I did" Constance chuckled, she couldn't be sad on Christmas she loved the holiday and even if she wasn't completely happy, she was going too make herself. Somehow.

Hermione and Ginny where both wearing nice Christmas dresses.

"you too look lovely" she hummed smiling at them.

"well, you went to the bathroom before we could give you yours" Ginny said smiling and handing her the dress.

"please wear it" She added.

"we got one with a collar and it has zero V-neck" Hermione said, and the pair gave her puppy dog eyes as she looked down hesitantly at the dress.

"Angelina also has one" Ginny said.

She looked down at the dress, it was a simple tight fitted long sleeve dress with a white collar, Constance had to admit she did like it, she fingered the burgundy fabric hesitantly, it wouldn't show anything. she looked up at the girls and clenched her jaw.

"Ok fine, but if I get to wear tights with it" she exhaled in defeat, if she was going to be happy this Christmas, she couldn't start off the day with a no.

"YES" Ginny shouted as Hermione threw her a pair of tights.

She quickly ran back to the bathroom and got changed. She looked in the mirror for a while, it complimented her figure. maybe. And it didn't show anything, so it wasn't that bad. She felt a small smile stretch over her lips as she remembered how she used to dress up for Christmas every year, this was just continuing the tradition. Right?