32. Denial

A/N: I'm just gonna say buckle up.

She stared frozen to the spot as Fred kissed Angelina.

It was so abrupt, like someone randomly kicking you in the stomach for no apparent reason, she couldn't process what was going on.

She felt herself frown and her fingers started to twitch as she watched Fred slide his hand into Angelina's braids.

He'd realised, he'd finally realised.

She knew it would happen eventually but this soon with no warning and with his twin brothers' girlfriend?

She'd never be able to hurt him again because he'd finally realised, he could do better that she wasn't the one that she was bad news for anyone who got that close.

She knew it would happen eventually.

It was always a ticking time bomb waiting to explode in the back of her head, she always knew it was there.

She knew all along.

But then why did it hurt?

Her hands started shaking as she carried on staring blankly, she couldn't move an inch of her body everything except her brain had just been switched off and even that couldn't properly take in what was happening.

She felt sick, why didn't he just tell her why, couldn't he have just given her a warning sign anything just knowing wasn't enough anymore having it spontaneously sprung on her snapped her in half.

She should be happy, happy that he was finally free of her that he wouldn't have to deal with her additional weight on his shoulders. That's what she wanted in the beginning for him to realise but now that it was happening it hurt, it hurt too much to put up with.

They both let out a moan and Angelina scraped Fred's scalp with her nails.

She wanted to rip out every single braid one at a time out of Angelina's head until her pours where splayed open.

But she couldn't move her feet.

She felt a hot tear roll down her cheek, he could've told her how long had this been going on for had he just been lying?

She turned around to look at George realising he was watching his twin brother and girlfriend snog it must've been even worse for him.

His cheeks where already glistening and he stared blankly.

She looked back and felt like she might be sick as tears started falling, she was supposed to be prepared for this expecting it even accepting it being happy for him but this, this felt like someone was slashing her heart into pieces and resliced her repairing soul so she was just a broken mess again.

Her throat contracted and she started breathing heavier as she shook, Fred Weasley her boyfriend was now snogging his twin brothers girlfriend in the middle a living room where anyone could walk in when he had just told his mother yesterday that they where dating and told her he wouldn't leave her even if she hit him with a crucio. It was all just a lie.

Her lip started to quiver, and she supressed a sob, why wouldn't they just disappear like they did in the dream, why was everything capable of snapping her just lining back into place ready to take their own unique blow at a different sense of her soul.

"Constance-

Her eyes didn't leave Angelina and Fred.

His yule ball date.

Maybe he never really stopped liking her maybe he never really did like Constance maybe she was just there to make Angelina jealous so that he would be hers again.