15. Daily Prophet

Hello me,

I haven't written about this in my last two letters, but it's been three days.

She still hasn't replied, fuck I overdid it I sent three, four fucking letters to her. Four I've probably scared her away if that's possible.

It's been three days and for some reason I miss Constance. I need to talk to her.

God, I sound like a lovesick schoolboy.

I know something hasn't happened because she sent a pretty nasty howler to Ron.

It unravelled itself while everyone was at breakfast, even mum and dad where there. Mum was furious, no that's an understatement. I know I should be sympathetic because he's my brother, but the git got what he deserved.

Ginny seemed slightly mad at Constance at first until she heard the howler finish, then everyone was fuming at Ron.

Her voice was almost refreshing, even coming from the howler.

She better reply soon, or else I'll do something stupid.

-

It had been three days, she only had under a week left of her winter holidays and she was in Hogwarts with people she couldn't tell if she liked or wanted to slice their throats.

And him.

He had sent her four fucking letters. She read them all and they drove her insane.

That's why she was here with a pen from a bird's butt and ink hovering over a piece of parchment.

She didn't know what to fucking write. In his letters he'd addressed that he was not going to stay away from her, and that she wasn't bad for him which was a load of bullocks.

She let out a shaky breath and started writing.

Hello Fred,

I've received your four letters, and this is your reply.

I am not a good person. I am not safe to be around. I will make your life a living hell.

I know we kissed but, I am not someone you want to be involved with. Especially right now.

Fred Weasley, I promise you that you don't want to be involved with me, I won't make you happy and you deserve someone else. It is not safe for you to be involved with me, and even if your willing to take the risk I'm not.

And if somehow you manage to get me around your finger and force yourself in, you will regret it you will see what I mean and wished you could undo it.

It's just how it will be.

I'm not cutting you off, I've learnt that doesn't work with people but I'm just nudging you back outside the bubble if that makes sense.

I'm sorry but you don't want me as much as you seem too think from these letters, I'm receiving from you. I am a burden and way everyone down and someone being that close to me just isn't an option.

I hope you understand, and please trust me you don't want me.

~Constance

She let out a breath, it was a straightforward as she could make it hopefully not to blunt but it had to be said. She sealed the letter and handed it to Willow who was perched on the desk beside her. Once the owl flew away, she rubbed her face in exhaustion, she was a fucking idiot for even letting him get this close in the first place.