14. A Smashing Christmas

A/N: sorry that took a little longer this is probably the longest chapter and I wasnted to get it just right for reasons you'll find out. hope you enjoy thx for reading! 🥰

Dear Miss Swallow,

We are writing too you again because we are starting to get concerned about your safety.

A muggle living on the same street as your old house has been killed along with a muggleborn visiting family in London. We do not know if they have any relation too you, but we are getting increasingly concerned with the situation.

We suspect these killings may have been carried out by the same wizard who killed your friend. This is why we are writing too you. We are concerned that they are after you and they may be one of the death eaters that you encountered that night.

We are asking that you leave the burrow and arrive at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry by 12:00 pm tonight.

I hope you can see we are just looking out for your safety and the safety for the ones around you, and we believe Hogwarts is the safest place for you to be as of now. We are incredibly sorry we have cut your holiday short.

We would also like you to alert Miss Hermione Granger, whom we believe is also staying at the burrow with you, as a muggleborn and one of your close friends according to the headmistress she may want too to come back to Hogwarts with you.

~Sincerely Ministry of magic.

Fuck.

That was the only thing she could think just fuck. Her emotions where completely blocked off her face swiped clean and she lost her sense of feeling. She was numb all over again. She felt like she was a passenger in someone else's body as she walked up to Mrs Weasley and showed her the letter.

She watched Mrs Weasley read over the letter than give her a sympathetic look.

"I'm so sorry, please stay to have Christmas dinner though you still have plenty of time" she said giving her a hug.

"I will" Constance replied as she walked out of the embrace over to Hermione.

She placed the letter into Hermione's hands, and again she felt like she was watching herself do this she wasn't really carrying out the task herself.

Hermione looked up at her, "I'm sorry, also I will be coming to Hogwarts with you I need a brake".

Constance nodded then started speaking, "I-I don't know how to feel-I feel so numb-kind of um-emotionless". She scolded herself in her mind she had just told Hermione how she felt.

"It's ok you're in shock, I would be too let's start packing so when we have to leave we are ready"

Constance just nodded her head.

-

After half an hour Hermione and Constance had managed to lift each other's moods as the others started walking back through the front door.

"um- I promise I'll explain at Hogwarts but if Ron tries to come up to me or start conversation can you please distract him or start talking to me instead?" Hermione asked with a slightly sad look on her face.

"of course," Constance replied, she could tell something was really weighing her down, but she pushed away her curiosity and beckoned herself to be patient she would open up when she was ready.

The two walked downstairs and placed their bags on the sofa, everyone was flooding through the door each making a confused face as they saw their bags on the sofa.