24. Ticking

Friday arrived quickly and abruptly. Her mind didn't seem to process the ball was today until lessons ended and people where running around the castle with various things in their hands or floating behind them.

She had been wandering around the castle a lot ad finishing some work, generally avoiding the common room at all costs because she knew as soon as she stepped foot in their she was going to get harassed.

It was about five thirty and she couldn't stall for much longer, so she headed for the common room.

There where various third, second and first years trotting around with unhappy expressions on their faces having animated arguments about how they weren't allowed to go unless invited by an older student.

She even heard a third year talking about slipping someone a love potion so they could get invited she shook her head almost scowled this wasn't that exciting at all they just got all dressed up pretended everything was fine and everyone was happy then danced or hours.

She walked into the common room and had to step back for a second.

People were running around shouting some already dressed in suits and dresses makeup half done, he eyes widened as she watched Katie Bell screaming that she had lost her shoes almost about to collapse in tears.

She wasn't going to deal with this get involved with this no way not for her this was a fucking catastrophe.

She was about to tun back and exit she was already thinking about the various hiding places she could cram herself into to stay hidden when Theo walked up to her he was already in his dress robes and his hair was half done.

"there you are Pansy has been looking for you for some reason" he said nodding towards the dormitories.

She cursed under her breath.

"why is everyone already getting ready?" she hissed looking around again, was there some sort of code timing she didn't know about or some vent before the ball started that meant people had to get ready early.

"the ball starts in just over two hours your cutting corners getting ready this late" he lifted an eyebrow.

What two hours was plenty of time, was there more involved then she thought there was all she had to do was put the dress on and tame her hair. She could feel her palms sweating as she started to panic.

"go on then!" Theo laughed obviously reading her expression.

She thanked him in a small voice then walked up to the dormitories. She would get her dress then meet Pansy and hopefully Pansy wouldn't draw a dick on her forehead or ruin her dress.

She pinched the bridge of her nose and a bead of sweat rolled down her head why was she getting so stressed about a fucking ball she wasn't over keen on going to anyway.

"Swallow!" she turned around and looked through and empty dormitory door Pansy was standing there already half done.

"hurry and get your dress what has been taking you so long!" she snarled.

Constance cursed again before nodding and running into her dormitory to get her dress, she froze for a second.

There where more people than usual in there probably about five to eight more people and everyone was running around.

She caught sight of Ginny's red hair floating in the crowd, Constance decided on ducking then crawling to her wardrobe she didn't want to be seen because they would yell, then try and get her ready, then question her on who she was getting ready with. Basically, they would harass her.