33. Bury A Mind

January 27th 1999

I don't understand.

No, I did not snog Angelina she is my brother's girlfriend and the only person I want to be involved with is Constance.

But now I am left with the 'weed ring' feeling empty.

I don't know what they think they fucking saw but I know for a fact I never ever snogged Angelina Johnson and I never will be snogging her.

I don't know why this is happening.

-

Both girls walked without a word too each other as they headed straight to the common room.

She started to process everything that happened she let it sink in and almost stopped in her tracks from horror. Fred had denied it even though she'd told him she saw countless times, he dared to tell her he loved her when he kissed another girl the night before, he yelled at her saying she was doing it for attention, tried to beat up his brother and then Angelina came down accusing her of manipulating George and wanting both twins.

She quickly grabbed Hermione's arm so she wouldn't lose her balance, she felt so empty almost like her shattered soul had just been disposed of leaving an empty cavity in her body.

She lost her footing and tripped on the floor, Hermione caught her and wrapped her hand around her back for extra support.

Her lids started to feel heavy as her eyes prickled.

She watched a blurry Hermione open a door and lead her to a window seat setting her down.

She stared into the empty void again but this time she was floating in it, every inch of her body filled with endless pools of pain spiling out into the abyss.

She wouldn't let this affect her.

She knew it was coming.

She had to stop.

She would stop.

Hermione was rubbing her shoulder soothingly, "I'm sorry this is a lot, just let go and let yourself feel emotion."

Her breaths started growing uneven again and her hands faintly shook, she looked down at them, they didn't look right. Without the ring they where just there, plain, boring, full of scars. They had no sentimental value like they used to.

Something panged in her chest and she inhaled sharply.

Her heart started rattling against her chest and she clenched her jaw.

She was fine.

She'd come to terms with this, she was fine.

She let out another uneven breath rolling her jaw, she wouldn't cry she'd cried enough over the last few days her eyes would probably swell shut but the feeling was persistent, her chest started to pang with every rapid heartbeat and her eyes started to prickle again. She bit her lip, balled up her fists, clenched her jaw anything to make it stop, but it wouldn't it slowly rippled through her body and she felt so lost like no one would ever find her and care again, if Fred even cared all she knew his heart might've been set on Angelina from the start she was just an object to make Angelina jealous and for him to have the convenient fuck. The void deepened and she slowly spiralled.

If her had lied about this, about caring about her being the only one what other poison had he been feeding her.

Did she really look 'stunning' at the winter ball?