• 01 •

Haechan woke up in an extremely grumpy mood.

"Ugh..." He frowned; it was the very last day of Summer vacation, and his new neighbor wouldn't let him sleep.

He tossed and turned on the bed, trying to fall asleep again but failing to do so. Letting out a groan, his eyes opened slightly, and he closed them again upon feeling the bright sunlight hit his face.

Haechan decided to just sit on the bed, giving up the idea of trying to sleep a bit more. He stared down his lap, his wavy hair almost reaching his eyes. The boy was starting to doze off right before some more noise and yelling was heard from outside. He flinched, taken by surprise.

Finally, he got out of bed and slowly approached the window, peeking through its glass to take a look at whatever was going on outside. Haechan stared out for a few seconds, trying to remain unseen. "Who even decides to move on a Sunday?" He complained out loud.

Whoever was the person who was just moving to the house right next to his, they were being very noisy.

From what Haechan could see, it was only one person, a male. He walked around the front yard, making phone calls as some workers brought boxes and more stuff inside the house, the moving van parked right in front of it. 

The new neighbor kept talking on his phone and giving instructions to the workers as to where to place every piece of furniture. Something in his behavior denoted a certain arrogance. The boy rolled his eyes in irritation. "Great, just great."

He was neatly dressed, the sleeves of his button-down shirt rolled-up. He looked fit, and his jet-black hair was short. Haechan thought that he seemed to be around his thirties, late twenties maybe, although he barely caught a glimpse of his face. 

But the next second, the neighbor started to turn around, and Haechan's eyes widened. Panicking, he quickly sat on the floor, his back against the wall, right below the window. For almost half a minute, he stayed very still, as if he spoke or moved an inch, the neighbor would notice. 

A moment after that, Haechan crawled towards the door, getting up and out of the room, somehow relieved even though he didn't entirely understand why.

After freshening up, he made his way to get some food, expecting to find his parents awake.

"Morning." Haechan mumbled as he stepped inside the kitchen, where his parents were already having breakfast. His dad hummed and a "good morning, sweetie," was heard from his mom.

"Did you sleep well? You're strangely early." She spoke again, resisting the urge to chuckle. Haechan rolled his eyes. "The new neighbor is moving in, so I couldn't sleep with all that noise."

"Is that so?" Haechan's mom started. "Then we'll have to go and meet him some time." Her husband sighed, "darling, is it really necessary?" Haechan used this opportunity to steal a toast from his dad right before sitting down next to him. "Of course it is, we should welcome him to the neighborhood."

Their son shrugged his shoulders. "If you say so."