• 15 •

Today would mark exactly the third time that Mark had seen it happen.

Every Saturday around 02:50 p.m., Haechan would leave his house in a rush, running down the street to somewhere Mark didn't know of. But he was going to find out, right then and there.

He was already seated in his car, parked in front of his house. With the engine turned on, the seatbelt fastened and his hands on the wheel, Mark was more than ready to discover what kept his favourite student busy every single Saturday afternoon.

With not much patient left, he glanced at his watch: 02:49 p.m. He'll be out any time now, Mark thought, a smirk creeping on his face. As if on cue, Haechan appeared, rushing while saying goodbye to his parents, trying to not get too scolded by his mom. The boy sprinted his way out of home and down the street, giving his teacher barely enough time to react and press the accelerator pedal.

Mark followed Haechan from a distance, driving slowly but stopping every once in a while to give the younger the advantage that he had gained by traveling by car. He saw how Haechan had to stop at a red light and used it as an opportunity to catch his breath again. Seeing the younger pant like that made him feel things he did not want to admit.

Yet here he was, following the boy around... Mark couldn't help but to laugh out loud. He was aware that he probably sounded crazy, but he couldn't find it in himself to care, he did not even want to, to begin with. Mark realized that what he was doing was risky. One thing was to admire the boy from afar, but to expose himself like in that moment? I guess he affects me more that I thought at first. He knew it, that his inclination, his emotions for the student may have started as a simple and innocent curiosity, but were slowly getting out of control. 

He knew, but that would not stop him from acting on his feelings.

Haechan turned to the left, and Mark counted five seconds before also turning in the same direction, just in time to catch a glimpse of the boy when he entered some cafeteria. Mark frowned, wondering why he had to run just to maybe eat something with his friends, and finding it strange that it happened every week.

He tried to keep his eyes on the boy, but Haechan walked farther inside and he wasn't able to see him anymore. Mark parked his car right in front of the place. He immediately spotted the boy when he reappeared, now changed out of his sweater and into a white button shirt that perfectly suited his body. Mark couldn't resist the urge to lick his lips.

He saw Haechan approach a couple that just entered and lead them to a table. So he already found himself a job, Mark figured out. He pondered for a minute, finally being unable to stop the words that escaped from his mouth, "if you stayed with me, you wouldn't need to work, I would buy you anything you wanted." Mark cleared his throat; even he was surprised with himself. 

Before being noticed by anyone, especially Haechan, the main object of his gaze, his teacher finally decided to just leave. Entering the café right then and there was tempting, but having now solved the mystery of Haechan's weekly absence, he concluded on getting back home. But not to stay there, of course, but to get prepared to pay his favourite student a visit later on.

Back in his house, he dressed himself more informally than when in his job, making sure to appear more relaxed that how Haechan had seen him usually at school. After all, he was going to take him by surprise, but he didn't want to scare the little boy away.

Mark grabbed his laptop and some papers he needed to grade, in order to have a believable excuse to go to a nice cafeteria to have a drink while getting his job done. All ready, he made sure to still wait a little bit before leaving, since he wanted to arrive at the coffee shop late enough to be the very last client to leave. 

Having previously searched the name of the place on the internet, he checked the time they closed, which was 10:00 p.m. And so around 07:00 p.m., Mark got back in his car and followed the same route as before, having already memorized the way to get to Hello Future café. He smoothly parked near the corner of the street, knowing that it was in the direction Haechan would walk home.

A minute later, Mr. Lee was entering the cafeteria, a triumphal glint in his eyes.

A/N:

I wanted to have a little chapter dedicated to Mark's POV. Did you like it?