• 33 •

That night, Haechan went to sleep crying.

He had ran back home with his phone held tight in his hand, not daring to look back at Mr. Lee's house, and wishing to never be there again in the rest of his life. He gave himself sweater paws and used them to quickly dry his tears before checking with the front camera of his phone to make sure he looked somehow presentable (as in, someone who had not spent the last five minutes in tears). His parents had left the door unlocked for him and were waiting impatiently for their son to arrive safely.

"Sweetie, you're finally here," Mrs. Lee wrapped her arms tightly around Haechan, and Mr. Lee went to their side, caressing his son's hair. "You made your mother and I really worried," he confessed tenderly, and it took the boy all his will to not break down right there in his mom and dad's embrace. He had to keep quiet, he reminded himself as Mark's words replayed in his mind like a haunting; think about your parents, how disappointed they would be...

...you should know by now that I don't make empty promises.

He felt his body tense. "I'm so sorry, but it was really nothing, I only got dizzy." "You 'only got dizzy'?" His mother echoed in disbelief, "I don't think so, if your father hadn't caught you on time, you could have hit your head! You sit down right now, this is not a joke" Haechan needed a long, long while to get his parents calmed down and to convince them that he was feeling perfectly alright by then.

"We were lucky to have Mr. Lee there," added his father, and he felt his throat go dry. "Yeah... what would we ever do without him," Haechan mumbled, not even trying to hide his sarcastic tone, which earned stern looks from both his mom and dad. "Sweetie... I know you didn't like the idea of taking individual lessons, but that's no way to talk about your teacher," she scolded him, although keeping her voice soft, and her husband nodded his head.

The two people who were supposed to protect and care for Haechan were precisely the ones unawarely sending him straight to the lion's den. Their son felt hopeless and alone, because now there was nothing he could do to escape his terrible circumstances. "You're right, sorry. I think I'll just go to take a shower and sleep," he excused himself. "Of course, son, good night," his father answered, before exchanging a concerned look with his wife after their son had turned around.

While walking upstairs, Haechan stopped making an effort to keep his tears at bay. His parents couldn't see his face anymore, so what was the point in trying to hide them anymore? He ran to the bathroom and slammed the door behind him. The boy began tugging his hair in frustration, a gesture which he stopped immediately once he realized that Mark had done something similar to him. A shaky sigh escaped from his lips.

Haechan finally undressed and entered the shower, but very slowly, believing that he would break if he dared to move too fast or roughly. He felt completely worn out, nonetheless, he turned on the shower to the hottest setting possible and washed himself fiercely, almost hurting in the process. Absolutely filthy, that's how he felt. His hair, his lips, his neck, his waist, every single inch of his body where Mark had laid his hands on felt nothing short of disgusting. 

He cleaned and rinsed, and then cleaned and rinsed some more, feeling like it would never be enough, and thankfully, the sound of his sobs was conceived by that of the water splashing on the floor. Haechan didn't know how much time had passed until he put on his pajamas and was already in bed. Once there, he covered himself entirely, curled into a fetal position and cried until his eyes were dry and there were no more tears left. 

Silently, not wanting his parents to hear, Haechan let himself go, sobbing onto the pillow. Vivid images and sensations of what had happened in Mr. Lee's office flashed through his mind, and his horrible words left him trembling like a leaf, you're making me do this. Still, the part that scared him the most was that life would continue going on, and maybe he would have experience that again. 

What will happen to me?

No, he couldn't go through that again. He couldn't even bare to think about it. Haechan wondered, just what was the terrible thing he had he done in his life to deserve this. Just how was it possible, that the one person he wanted nothing to do with, was the one who wanted everything to do with him. 

By now, there was no energy left in Haechan to keep crying. He breathed in and out slowly, trying to get his breathing under control, something that he had needed to do too many times in just a few hours. Sighing, the boy now tried to look at the situation in a more rational manner; his teacher knew where he lived and where he worked, as well as his schedule, plus he had already neared his parents and gained their trust, he even had his mobile-phone number... 

Haechan had far too many disadvantages right then, Mark could ruin his whole life with a mere snap of his fingers if he ever wished to. The coward part of himself wanted to do as his teacher said and hope to never see him again after graduating, but it would hurt too much. He had to do something to get out of there, something quick and efficient. Haechan had to fight back. There was one single way to solve this mess, and it could only be done with the help of a best friend.

I need proof.

A/N:

Kind of a filler chapter, I know, but it's necessary jejeje

Btw, these days I will be a bit busier with classes and work, so I can't really guarantee for sure that there'll be an update next week. However, if we manage to reach 1,000 votes, I promise to make an extra effort, so if you want to read an update soon, don't forget to keep pushing with the votes and comments!!!