• 28 •

"I don't think it will be necessary."

A voice blurted out the next second, and it was only afterwards when Haechan realized it had been his. All faces turned towards him in surprise due to it having been the first time he spoke since they began eating, "why would you say that, sweetheart?" His mother questioned him, "this can be a great opportunity for your education."

The discussion then continued as if the boy wasn't even there or as if his opinion wasn't worth taking into account. "But--" "having your own high-school English teacher as a private tutor is not something everyone can say," Haechan's father interrupted. His wife and himself had already taken their decision, still, Mr. Lee spoke again, voice filled with venom. "Your son is quite good at English, but I think that with some extra help he can reach his full potential."

"We're so glad Haechan has such a nice teacher that looks out for him," "thank you for everything, Mark." Said man offered a smile to his students' mom and dad. He faked feeling flustered, but just like Mark could read right through Haechan, Haechan was also learning to read right through Mark. "The pleasure is mine, let's just say I have a passion for my job," he mentioned jokingly, winning the boy's parents over, bit by bit, slowly but surely.

No more words were exchanged after that. Haechan kept his head low for the rest of the dinner, not wanting the others, especially Mr. Lee, to see how frustrated he felt. The boy swallowed, slowly, trying to get rid of a lump forming on his throat. It was useless. He needed to leave, at least for some minutes, to take a break from that overwhelming situation. "Excuse me, may I use the restroom?"

"Of course. It's upstairs, at the end of the hallway," Mr. Lee informed his student, who got up and left without uttering another word. As he walked up the stairs, Haechan continued to hear Mark talking to his parents, "he's a good kid," he spoke in a wise demeanor, confidently and carefully choosing his words. 

Weaving his very own web.

"The only thing is that he--" Haechan covered his ears as to not hear anymore of Mark's tactics. In that moment, he felt defeated and simply wanted to disappear. Sighing, the boy made his way to the bathroom to wash his face with cold water, hoping that if would reactivate him. And it did, because when he was about to return downstairs, and idea popped up in his mind upon passing by what seemed to be an office. Mr. Lee's home office.

How much time did he have before his mom, dad or Mr. Lee himself went looking for him? He didn't know, and so without wasting a second, the boy slowly entered the room. He winced when the door creaked audibly; surely Mark wouldn't have heard that from downstairs, but he needed to be extra careful regardless. Then, Haechan began his search for something that he could use against Mr. Lee, something that would get him to leave him alone.

He closed the door behind him, almost entirely. Not even daring to turn on the lights, Haechan used the flashlight of his phone instead to inspect the tall shelves of Mark's office. There seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary, only lost of books and folders, what it would be expected to find inside the work room at a teacher's house.

The boy moved swiftly, silently, pretty sure that he stood now right above the dining room, where his parents and Mr. continued eating. He went towards the desk, where a laptop laid with a stack of papers beside it. Haechan thought, if he was Mr. Lee, where would he keep the stuff that could compromise him, if he ever kept it. He was 100% sure that the laptop would be password-protected, apart, turning it on and looking through it would take far too much time, and he was running out with each passing second.

So instead, Haechan grabbed the bunch of paper sheets to begin examining them in order. As he brought the documents closer to himself for a better look, a few small paper pieces that had been kept among those, fell to the floor. The boy found it strange, nevertheless, he went to pick them up to settle them were they had been. After all, he wouldn't like Mr. Lee to notice anything out of place.

He bent down to get the pieces from the floor, one hand grabbing the phone with the flashlight and the other gathering all the papers, which had fallen facing the ground. Once he stood back up while turning them around, the world seemed to halt completely. They were photographs, but not just any type. With terrified eyes, Haechan saw himself. 

On his way home, texting his friends while holding an umbrella.

During work, writing down some customers' orders. 

With Renjun, last Saturday night about to enter his house.

In his room, undoing the first few buttons of his uniform.

At the school library, tiptoeing to reach a book three shelves above him.

Haechan's heartbeat quickened, and he could feel himself getting lightheaded. In shock, he came to the sickening realization that his mind hadn't actually imagined noticing a flash of light while he undressed by the window. His mouth suddenly went dry, and he had the urge to throw up what he had just eaten. Either remaining on the floor or in between the paper sheets, there were more pictures.

With horror, Haechan inspected each of them carefully. His hands trembled, which made the flashlight of his phone move around erratically, making it an even more difficult task. Thanks to that, however, the boy was able to sense something moving within the darkness of the office, a stalking silhouette. He wasn't alone anymore. The phone fell from his hand.

"They are beautiful photographs, don't you think so?"

A/N:

Well, here goes nothing. Thoughts on the chapter?

Don't forget to leave a vote if you enjoyed! Your girl has very little time to write, so seeing your reactions is very very motivational <3