• 13 •

Everything was going well for Haechan.

He was getting better and better at keeping a low profile, always making sure to be on his very best behaviour every time he had a class with his least favorite teacher slash neighbor. Haechan had never been caught disrupting the class in any way, giving his teacher zero opportunity to make himself feel superior.

And Mark was beginning to hate it.

As much as he wanted to send Haechan to detention (which was the only way he had to spend time alone with him), he needed a valid reason, especially with all the other students around as witnesses. No matter that, he was going to make sure to catch him even if it was for the smallest, most insignificant mistake, but his beloved student was making it difficult.

Mark was desperate for the occasion in which he got to have Haechan in his grasp. Unfortunately, the boy had seen it coming, so now his teacher had to think about doing something else that could work out instead.

And just like that, a couple of weeks went by without anything out of the ordinary. Haechan was proud of his little plan working, but mostly what kept him relaxed was the fact that Mr. Lee hadn't tried to get in contact with his parents about the dinner. Or at least for now.

But that thought didn't really worry him at all, after all, he still planned to pretend being sick whenever they decided to have dinner together to avoid going. Hence, Mr. Lee was out of Haechan's mind, his very presence in his life going from a constant threat to mere inconvenience that wasn't worth dealing with. 

Right then, as he dashed down the street, the only thing Haechan cared about was to arrive at his work on time. It was a Saturday, which meant that he had to spend the evening working at a small café downtown.

Haechan took advantage of a red light to catch his breath, earning weird looks form people around him. A bit embarrassed, he couldn't remember the last time he left home punctual enough to get to work without having to run all the way there. At the back oh his head he could still hear his mum scolding him for waiting until the very last minute to get ready.

Finally, he entered the cafeteria just as the clock struck 03:00 p.m. Once again, he gained himself a few strange glances from the clients due to his sudden entrance and agitated demeanor. Trying to ignore it, Haechan quickly made his way to the staff only room to let his boss know he had arrived and then to get changed into his uniform.

"Late again, Haechan?" As he finished buttoning up his uniform shirt, he could hear his coworker tease him. "Surprised again, Shotaro?" Haechan remarked, a grin forming on his face. "I can't say I am," chuckled Shotaro while cleaning the counter. "Make way, make way," Sungchan walked behind the counter in a rush, acknowledging Haechan while preparing the coffee machine to make a cappuccino.

The three of them began working there around the same time. It started as an easy Summer job, and now that they had to go back to their studies, they decided to not quit yet but to work once a week. Sungchan, Shotaro and Haechan became good friends over that time, but they didn't go to the same highschool, so this was also an excuse for them to get to see each other frequently.

Sungchan left to bring the cappuccino and a pastry to the girl that had ordered it, while Shotaro and Haechan turned their heads towards the door, having heard the bell signalling that someone just entered. "I've got it," The latter went to greet the new customers, an older couple, showing them to their table. Once they sat, Haechan didn't forget to force out his best smile.

"Welcome to Hello Future café, what can I get you?"

A/N:

I know this one was kind of a filler chapter, sorry :/