• 29 •

Mark, who had stood leaning on the doorframe, finished entering his office.

With the door behind him now entirely shut and Haechan's phone having fallen flat on the floor, now there was no light coming from either the hallway or his flashlight. Only the dim rays of moonlight that entered through the window illuminated the room barely enough to allow the boy to discern his teacher's menacing shadow.

Haechan would have screamed in pure panic, but the shock he had experienced when finding the pictures caused his voice to practically die on him. Meanwhile, Mark creeped towards his direction in complete silence, after all, he was inside his own home and he knew how to move in his territory. The one who was at a disadvantage there was none other than Haechan.

"Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?" The man stood purposely in between him and the only exit, and so the single thing his student could do was taking a hesitant step backwards, and another, and another. That is, until his back hit the window pane behind him, and only then did Haechan find in himself the strength to vocalize a cowering "stay a-away." He tried his very best to appear brave, but his unsteady breathing, shaky voice and widened eyes betrayed him.

Mark could only chuckle at his student's pathetic attempt at sounding bold, as if he was the one in control there, when both of them knew it was the opposite case. "I... I said," Haechan gulped, "don't come n-near me!" His voice came out lower than he had intended, but Mr. Lee heard, and nonetheless, refused to obey. Paying him no mind, the teacher closed the little distance that his student had managed to create, not bothering to stop. 

When Mr. Lee walked by his desk, he grabbed the photograph of Haechan about to get changed out of his work uniform the last Saturday night. "This one is my ultimate favorite. Such a shame that you decided to leave the curtains closed," he commented lewdly, making the boy feel nauseous once more. He left the picture back on the desk and continued to advance until he triumphantly stood in front of Haechan, caging him like an animal.

He found himself at a loss of words, "t-this... what you're d-doing... this is illegal, you c-can't--" "Go ahead and tell me," Mark interrupted before the younger could stammer any more, "who's going to believe you? Mmh?" He was left completely dumbfounded, the feeling of surprise momentarily replacing that of fear. And of course, Haechan fell right through Mr. Lee's trap, he's right, just who will ever trust my word? 

There was an evil glint deep in Mr. Lee's eyes, his student could see that clearly despite the darkness. "Is it your parents? Your coworkers? Or perhaps Renjun?" "Leave them out of this!" Now, even Haechan was startled by himself for managing to utter a whole sentence without stammering. "P--," there it was again, "please."

Mark brought his hand up to tuck a strand of the younger's rebellious wavy hair behind his ear, and while withdrawing it, he let his fingers caress Haechan's cheek, his thumb almost brushing his lower lip. He never took his eyes off his, instead, he observed him flinch uncharacteristically and try to squirm away from his touch. "G-go away," the boy could already feel tears about to fall from his eyes, and he moved his head to the side to avoid being seen in such pitiful state. 

Haechan was unable to hold eye contact with him anymore, but he also hated to appear so fragile in front of him. Regardless, that was exactly how he felt; weak and terror-struck. Don't hurt me here. Please, not here, not with my parents downstairs. 

This time, Mr. Lee grabbed Haechan's jaw a bit too harshly and turned his head in order to face him again. His student whimpered and started to struggle immediately. He wrapped his hands around Mark's forearm to try to get him off with all the strength he could gather, and when it proved to be useless, he tried pushing his chest. However, after hearing Mr. Lee's next word all his movements came to a full stop. "I suggest you act like a good boy and stay put, or else a bruise will form on your jaw, and we don't want that, do we? People would start asking questions." 

His teacher informed cruelly, and he wasted no second in showing that what he meant was not a joke but had to be taken seriously. He easily applied more pressure to his hold on Haechan's jaw, making the boy groan in pain. "Y-you can't do this," he tried one last time, nevermind his sobs. And a smirk formed on Mark's face, "watch me."

Just like that, Haechan felt lips on top of his own. 

A/N:

I apologize in advance

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you enjoyed <333