A Castle, A Fragrance and A Favorite Meal

The next morning they got to sleep in a little bit. Marinette didn't have classes until the afternoon and Adrien didn't have any work that day.

Around nine they finally got out of bed and ate breakfast together. Afterwards Marinette went back to their bedroom and started working on a piece for school. They had set up her sewing machine and other supplies in a corner of the room so Marinette could work on her designs. Adrien lay on the bed with his phone, intently focused on a new internet search.

After twenty minutes, he found what he was looking for. He held out his phone so Marinette could see it. "What do you think? A wedding venue fit for a princess like you."

Her eyes widened at seeing the website for the Château de Versailles. "Oh my gosh, that place looks amazing. Why do I have a feeling that it's way over the budget though?"

"My princess deserves the wedding of her dreams. There is no budget!" he insisted.

She sighed. "I know you're excited Adrien, but this is way too much. We don't need to get married in a castle for me to get the wedding of my dreams. All I need is to be marrying you. I mean, we could just go down to city hall. Plus, I'm sure that places like that are booked years in advance. And I know that you don't want to wait that long."

His face fell. "Alright," he said reluctantly. "But I want us to get married someplace nice. I don't want to just go to city hall. I want to show you off so that the whole world knows that you're my bride."

That earned a smile from her. "You're so silly, my Kitty. I'm sure that we can compromise and find something that's in between a castle and city hall."

He smiled triumphantly. "But someplace really nice."

"Someplace nice," she confirmed with a nod. "But let's not go too crazy. My parents will appreciate it if things don't get too expensive."

Adrien got up and went over to her. "We can handle it. I don't want your parents to have to pay for the wedding."

"And I don't want your father to have to pay for it."

He kneeled down in front of her and grabbed her hand. "When I said 'we,' I meant me and you. Not me and my father."

She tilted her head. "So, what you really mean is 'you.' You know that I don't have any money. And I don't even have a job right now. Between school, my internship and being a Guardian, I don't have time to work and make any money."

"Princess, we're a couple, and we're getting married. Whatever money I make is our money, not just mine."

She put her other hand to his cheek. "I still don't understand how I got so lucky to find you."

After leaning in and kissing her, he responded. "You know that I'm the lucky one. And besides, as soon as you get your big break and become a world famous fashion designer, you'll be making tons more money than me. I'll get to quit my job and stay home, ready to answer to your every beck and call."

She laughed. "Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you?" she asked, caressing his cheek with her thumb.

"More than anything."

************************************

After Marinette left for class Adrien met up with Nino at his and Alya's apartment. He worked mostly in the evenings as a DJ so they got to hang out a lot during the day when Adrien didn't have a gig.

After watching the Paris Saint-Germain football match on TV, Adrien remembered something that he wanted to ask Nino about. "So where are you and Alya getting married?"