Anguish, A Delicate Curve and Bad News

Author's Note: Alright, let's try this again.

"I'm sorry that took so long!" Marinette called out as she opened the door to the apartment. She shook the black umbrella one more time in the hallway before propping it in the corner. Then she dropped her keys in the bowl and walked towards the living room as Tikki went off to find Plagg. "Adrien?" she called out, surprised that he didn't respond when she entered the apartment.

When she saw him on the couch, she stopped. He was sitting there with his elbows on his knees, his hands covering his face. He didn't look up at her. "Adrien?" she asked again, her heart sinking. "Are you okay?"

After a few seconds, he finally spoke. "Where were you?"

Marinette knew that something was wrong. His voice was different, like he was in pain. "I uh, just had to stop at a few places. But I'm back now." She paused. "What's wrong?"

Adrien looked up at her, his face smeared with tears.

"What happened?" she asked quickly, moving over and kneeling in front of him.

"Where were you?" he repeated.

She blinked at him. "I just told you..."

"Don't lie," he interrupted quietly. "Please don't lie to me Marinette."

"Adrien, I... I..."

He gave her a moment to answer, but she didn't. "I know where you really were," he finally whispered. "And I know that you've been going there for the last few months."

Her eyes went wide before she looked down to avert his gaze. "I'm sorry," she uttered weakly.

Adrien scrunched up his face in anguish at her admittance of guilt. A sob came out as more tears fell. "How could you do that?" he choked out.

Some tears started welling up in her eyes at hearing how upset he was getting. "I'm sorry for lying to you Adrien." She reached up and put her hand to his cheek. He squeezed his eyes shut. "She didn't want me to tell anyone."

He opened his eyes. "She?"

Marinette tilted her head, slightly confused. "Yeah. Juleka didn't want any of us to tell anyone."

"Any of us?" Adrien repeated.

"Me, Alya, Alix and Mylène."

"Wait," he said, his level of confusion matching hers. "Why were all of you over at Luka's?"

"Juleka moved back in with him after she and Rose broke up," she explained. "And she's just been so depressed ever since, so we've been trying to visit her a lot. You know, to cheer her up. I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you, she asked us not to tell anyone."

Adrien couldn't breathe. "You... you haven't been going there to see Luka?"

She leaned back slightly. "Luka? Why would I be seeing..." she trailed off as she finally understood what he was really asking. They stared at each other for a moment before she continued. "You think that I'm cheating on you?" she asked quietly, moving her hand away like she was burned.

He twisted up his face in anguish again, but this time because he couldn't believe what he had done. He had let his father besiege his mind and twist his thoughts. After everything that had happened, his father almost turned him against her.

And Adrien hated that he had been so easily manipulated. How could he ever think that Marinette would do that to him? She had done nothing but love him since the first day they met. "I'm sorry Princess, I'm so sorry," he cried, reaching out and pulling her into an embrace. "I'm sorry," he kept repeating, tightening his grip around her.