A New Dress, High Heels and A Cane

Hawk Moth must have been on vacation. There wasn't one single akuma attack that whole week.

And Adrien and Marinette were very thankful for that. They had a few more things to do to get ready for the wedding.

He found a new suit and she found a new dress. They had to be off-the-rack because there simply wasn't enough time to order anything, but they were still nice.

When Saturday came around, the couple met up with Nino and Alya for dinner.

"I can't believe the wedding is only three weeks away!" Alya exclaimed as they sat down in the restaurant.

"I know, it's coming up way too fast," Marinette agreed.

Adrien looked at her. "What are you talking about? This has been the longest few months of my entire life."

The friends laughed. "I think that you're the only one that feels that way, dude," Nino said. "These last few months have flown by! Me and Alya have been working non-stop. Almost every single day, it's been relentless... ow!" he yelled as Alya jabbed him in the ribs.

"Yeah," Alya continued. "Work has been crazy. Me at the station, and Nino at his events."

"Right," Nino added, catching on. "Super busy with normal work, nothing extra... ow!" He glared over at her.

"Anyway," she said through clenched teeth. "Did you find another dress Marinette?"

"Yes, I did."

"It's too bad that you can't wear your first one. You looked so pretty."

"And she'll look pretty in the new one too," Adrien said quickly.

"Oh, uh... of course," Alya sputtered. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"Don't worry about it Alya, I knew what you meant," Marinette assured her.

"Wait, what happened to the first dress?" Nino asked.

Adrien sighed. "I uh, kind of had a falling out with my father. And we were getting the dress through him."

"Wow, I'm sorry dude. What happened?"

"Too many things," he said simply before pausing. "But it's okay. It was long overdue. I've finally decided that I don't want him in my life anymore."

"I'm sorry," Alya said sadly.

He shrugged. "It is what it is. Sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to be. I'm just so grateful that I still have Marinette." He grabbed her hand and pulled it up to his lips, kissing the back of it. "She's my family now."

"Oh Adrien," she replied, putting her other hand to his cheek. "I'll always be here for you."

He leaned forward and kissed her. Once again, they got wrapped up in each other, forgetting where they were as their interaction heated up.

After a few seconds of Nino and Alya sitting there awkwardly, he interrupted. "Okay you two, save something for the honeymoon."

The couple broke apart and straightened out again. "Sorry," Marinette mumbled.

"We're used to it," Alya said casually.

The friends turned their attention to the menu as the server came over to take their order.

They changed the subject of conversation as they waited for, and then ate, their meals. When the check arrived, Alya promptly snatched it up and insisted on paying.

"Thank you again for the dinner," Marinette said to them as they got up from the table to leave. "Next time the meal will be on us."

"Don't stress, girl. It was our pleasure. So what are you two up to tonight? Any plans?"