Demands and Mannequins

Marinette had her internship on Friday, so she was at the Louis Vuitton design studio all morning and afternoon. Completely exhausted by the busy week, she was looking forward to a relaxing evening.

Her hopes were dashed when Adrien called her on the way home.

"I just got off the phone with my father," he told her. "He's coming over tonight."

"He's coming over again? Did he say why?"

"He only said that he wanted both of us to be there."

Marinette sighed. "Do you think that's a good thing or a bad thing?"

"With my father, I'm never sure," Adrien replied.

"Will he be eating with us?"

"I don't know. I'm assuming not. He usually only stays long enough to make his demands and then leaves."

"Adrien," she groaned, putting her palm to her forehead.

"When will you be home?" he continued.

"I'm about fifteen minutes away."

"Good. I'm going to clean up a little. I'll see you when you get here."

"Bye Adrien," she said, disconnecting.

************************************

Gabriel and Nathalie arrived at seven o'clock sharp. Adrien greeted them at the door and let them inside. Marinette was standing in the living room waiting for them. "Good evening Mr Agreste, Miss Sancoeur," she said once they made their way in.

Nathalie smiled and nodded at her.

"Good evening Miss Dupain-Cheng," Gabriel replied. "We apologize for dropping in on such short notice."

"It's no problem at all. Would you like something to drink?"

"No thank you, we won't be staying too long. I was hoping to speak with both of you about something important."

"Yes, of course. Please sit down."

Gabriel sat on the couch first, followed by the young couple. He looked at Marinette, who subconsciously straightened her posture under his gaze. "Adrien tells me that you're planning on having the wedding this coming spring."

Marinette took a deep breath. "Yes, we actually decided to get married on the twentieth of March."

A noticeable pause.

"I see," he finally murmured. "Well, that makes what I came here to talk about even more pressing. After all, March is only a few short months away."

Marinette remained silent, waiting for the bomb to drop.

"I'm not sure if Adrien mentioned our conversation the other day, but I brought up the subject of a prenuptial agreement..."

Adrien cut him off. "I already told you, she's not signing one."

The father and son glared at each other until Marinette spoke.

"Yes, Mr Agreste," she said, answering his question. "He told me, and I'll be happy to sign it."

Adrien quickly looked at her. "Marinette..."

"Excellent," Gabriel continued, ignoring Adrien's objection. "I'll have our lawyers draw up the paperwork and send them over for you to read and sign when you're ready."

"Marinette," Adrien repeated in a hushed tone. "I told you that I don't want you signing one."

"Adrien," she lamented. "You know I'm fine with it..."