Epilogue

"Nadja Chamack here. Don't be bemused, it's just the news! It's been five days now since Paris was shocked at discovering the alleged identity of the new Hawk Moth: twenty year old model and actress Lila Rossi."

"As you may remember, Ladybug and Chat Noir were able to defeat and expose the alleged supervillain's true identity early Sunday morning. Subsequently, Miss Rossi was taken into custody by Parisian police officers. After facing a judge at the Paris High Court of Law on Monday, she was charged with numerous counts of terrorism and is currently being held without bail at Fleury-Mérogis Prison until her trial. The trial date is slated for the fifth of May where, if convicted, she will be facing a minimum sentence of twenty-five years in federal prison."

"Experts are already predicting it to be the 'Trial of the Century' for France due to its high profile. We will continue to bring you updates as the trial date approaches."

************************************

The first day of spring.

It started out overcast, but it turned into a beautiful sunny day by the time the wedding of Adrien Agreste and Marinette Dupain-Cheng began.

The ceremony was held outside in the gardens of the Shangri-La Hotel. After they were officially declared husband and wife, most of the guests went inside for the cocktail hour while the wedding party stayed outside for photos.

First Adrien and Marinette took photos with their best man and maid of honor. After that, Nino and Alya went inside as they started taking family photos.

Marinette smiled brightly standing next to Adrien while they posed with their parents. Her heart was full, knowing how happy he was now that his mother was back. It was amazing how much things could change in such a short amount of time.

When the police arrived at the abandoned building that Sunday morning, they found Ladybug and Chat Noir waiting for them with an unconscious Lila. As the paramedics were loading her onto a stretcher, the woman woke up and quickly denied the accusations against her about being Hawk Moth.

A raid of her apartment later that day, however, provided the authorities with plenty of evidence. Not only did they find the missing Miracle Box, which was promptly returned to Ladybug, but they also found butterflies in various stages of growth.

After being presented with the evidence against her, Lila quickly confessed. But during questioning, she shocked the police when she named her accomplice- the famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste. According to her, not only was Gabriel the original Hawk Moth, but he had also coordinated all of the new attacks in an attempt to bring his missing wife back to life.

So of course the police immediately went over to the Agreste mansion to question Gabriel and search the house. But the only evidence they found was an awake and healthy Emilie Agreste.

During questioning, Gabriel told them that Emilie had been in a coma for years after suffering a head injury in a skiing accident. Then he told them that she woke up last year and had been rehabilitating in private ever since.

After being evaluated by doctors, they confirmed that Emilie Agreste must have been awake for at least six months. She simply had no side effects associated with someone being in a recent coma. The doctors found no cognitive dysfunctions, infections or blood clots. Plus her muscle mass was perfectly normal, not diminished like you would typically find in coma patients.

And to top things off, Gabriel and Emilie stumbled into one of the greatest alibis ever. During her medical evaluation, the doctors discovered that she was currently four months pregnant with a healthy baby.

After further questioning, the police determined that Lila must have lied and made up the story about Gabriel in an attempt to get back at Adrien. Several people told them that Adrien and Lila recently had a big blow out, where he rejected her advances and embarrassed her in front of everyone at a photoshoot.