Déjà Vu, Security Footage and A Sprinkle of Dust

Marinette and Adrien were home in their apartment.

Gabriel and Nathalie were home in the mansion.

That was when the news broke about some sort of disturbance in downtown Paris.

Marinette was at her desk working on her designs when she heard her phone chime. She grabbed it and checked the message. "Adrien!" she called out.

"Yeah, I see it," he replied, coming into the room.

"Do you think we should both go?"

"Probably. I mean, the alert doesn't even specify what's happening. Plus, you know that I love seeing you in your costume," he said smugly.

She laughed and stood up. "Alright, let's go see what's going on. Tikki, spots on!"

"Plagg, claws out!"

Once they were both transformed, Chat Noir grabbed her hands. "How I've missed seeing you, M'lady," he purred before giving a chaste kiss to her lips.

She tilted her head slightly. "I missed you too, Kitty. But come on, we should go."

"Ladies first," he said, gesturing out to the balcony.

Ladybug turned to go outside, but stopped at feeling a playful slap on her butt. "Adrien!" she yelled, turning back to him.

He put his hands up in a surrender motion. "It's not my fault. You're too sexy!"

She groaned as she went outside and flew off with her yo-yo, Chat Noir following with his baton.

After a few minutes of traveling, they finally stopped on the edge of a building, looking down at the street. People were running in all directions. Some people were ducked behind cars with their phones out, trying to record what was happening. Ladybug twisted up her face in confusion until a figure appeared from around a corner.

A tall thin man appeared. But he was too tall, he had to be at least two and a half meters in height. He was dressed in a burgundy and black steampunk tailcoat with silver gears covering it, black pants, an oversized black top hat and goggles.

"What in the world?" Ladybug whispered. She was so shocked at what she was seeing that she didn't move from her spot.

Chat Noir seemed equally as shocked beside her. "It... it almost looks like..."

"Don't even say it!" she interrupted, keeping her eyes on the man. "There has to be some kind of reasonable explanation for this. Come on, we need to find out." Ladybug finally swung down and landed near the man.

Chat Noir landed next to her and they both stared up at him.

He smiled. "I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure Ladybug, Chat Noir."

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" Ladybug demanded.

"I'm Victorlution, and an old friend of yours sent me."

"Who sent you?" she demanded, taking a step closer.

"Oh Ladybug, come now. I thought it was obvious. Hawk Moth sent me."

Audible gasps were heard from the bystanders around them.

Ladybug shook her head. "No he didn't," she replied quietly.

"Yes, she did," Victorlution taunted.

"That just proves that you're lying," Chat Noir said, moving forward as well. "We all know that Hawk Moth was a guy. And he's gone now."

"Well maybe the old Hawk Moth is gone. But the new Hawk Moth sent me here. I heard her voice and she gave me my powers. And she understands me, unlike everyone else in this city. So I'm going to help her out. I'm going to take your Miraculouses away from you and give them to her because she's the one who deserves them."