chapter eight

I glanced back up to Harry, fear coursing through my veins as I awaited his reaction. He stared at me, so deeply I felt as though he was looking into my soul. I stood there waiting for him to hit me or to punish me in some way for the things I have done, but he just stood there. It was almost as if he couldn't believe that I was yet again trying to escape. I think his lack of a reaction was more frightening than him lashing out and being angry. I honestly had no idea what to expect. So I stood there with Harry as minutes passed, feeling like hours until he finally started processing the information.

A look of hurt, disappointment and angry passed over his face. And I started to feel guilty for sending the letter because of Harry's immediate reaction.

"Why?" he said at almost a whisper, letting the phone slide from his hand and fall to the floor. I winced as the phone's screen shattered and glass was spread in all directions. I stared at the phone, avoiding Harry's burning gaze. I knew I shouldn't have felt guilty or bad for sending the email but I was, I couldn't control my emotions when I was around him.

I finally got the courage to look at Harry again, his eyes glistening with what seemed to be tears. I was taken aback, not at all expecting this response from Harry. He was supposed to be angry and mad and throw things across the room, not look at me like a little boy that saw his puppy getting run over in the street.

"Harry I-" I started to reply until he interrupted me.

"You're going to leave me just like she did aren't you?" He asked his voice quivering. I again felt ashamed, yet curious. Harry had never really revealed anything concerning his past until this point and I wanted to know more.

"What do you mean Harry, I'm here right now aren't I?"

"But you're going to leave aren't you? You're going to leave me to be alone just like she did!" He shouted the last part, his emotions overtaken by anger. I stepped closer to Harry and caressed his arm trying to calm him down. I wanted- needed to know more about Harry. Everything about him interests me, I couldn't help but to desire to know more.

"Harry who is she?" I ask. He shakes his head and angrily glares at the ground, refusing to answer.

"C'mon Harry you can tell me, I want to know." Harry continued to stare at anything but myself as I attempted to get answers out of him.

"Fine," he angrily grumbled.

"As long as you stop trying to email this man, if you promise than I will tell you about my past." I weighed the options and decided that I would promise, I had already given my father as much information as I could concerning my captivity. I nod my head, staring directly into Harry's eye.

"You have to say it."

"Fine... I promise I will stop emailing him."

Harry's POV

When I found out exactly what Belle was doing on my phone I was glad yet disappointed. I was glad I could stop her from sending more emails disregarding our current... situation, but I was disappointed that she was using my phone as a means to escape from me. I needed her to want to stay, to no longer be held by the bounds of captivity. The only way I could keep her from leaving me was to force her to stay against her will. It sounds absolutely psychotic but I couldn't afford to have my heart broken and stepped on again.

I sighed and started explaining something that I thought I would never mention again.

*Flashback*

"Harry," Elise pouted from the couch as I grabbed my coat to leave our apartment.

"I have to leave Elise, you know that," I say. She gets up from the couch and grips onto my arm as she bites her lip. I look into her eyes and think about how absolutely lucky I was to be in love with a girl like her. She was absolutely perfect, everything about her. I knew she was absolutely out of my league but I needed and loved and she to I.