chapter twelve

Derek (Belle's brother) POV

Over the past week I haven't been able to forget about the email I saw from Belle to my father. I needed to know what she sent him, the curiosity was eating me up in the inside. I told parents that I wanted to stay in the house for a while because "I missed home". They somehow believed that bullsh*t and didn't question me farther.

I waited until Monday when both of my parents had work and it was just me and the empty house.

I walked into my dad's office towards the computer. I sat down and moved the mouse and his desktop was finally on display.

I opened the Internet tab and clicked on the email icon. I impatiently waited, almost slamming the mouse down from the lack of fast internet. The page finally loaded and all his emails showed up. I looked carefully at the first page of emails and didn't find anything. I sighed in frustration, anticipating this would be much easier.

I looked through the entire inbox and didn't find anything of interest. Next I check the trash section of this email. The first email that popped up was from Belle, most likely the one I saw before. My heart rate increased as I nervously moved the mouse towards the email.

This is very important... I have been kidnapped by a man that goes by the name of Harry Styles. You are the first person I have been able to contact. I have no idea where I am but I need hel

I stared at the email and read it over and over again, the words not quite sinking in. Belle had been kidnapped and so far my father hasn't done anything.

I then look to see if he ever replied and I was taken aback by his inconsiderate response. Belle was in danger and all he could think about was getting something out of helping her.

...you will owe me for helping you.

I angrily slammed the mouse down and exited the room. I grabbed my coat from the hanger and headed out the door.

-----

I arrived at the university my dad worked at and started walking towards his office. I knew he had a break between classes for lunch.

I knocked on his door and waited for him to open it.

"Oh hello son! What brings you here?" My dad says cheerfully.

"Hmm, I don't know, maybe the fact that knew that Belle was kidnapped and didn't tell me?" I say angriliy.

My father gasps and shuts the door behind me, looking around to check that no one had heard what I said.

"How did you find out about that? I thought I deleted all the evidence..." he says, puzzled.

"I looked through your emails... but that isn't the point. You knew that Belle was kidnapped and you didn't even tell me or mom for that matter! She could be in serious danger right now! For all we know she is dead or something. What the f*ck is wrong with you! All you could even think about when you saw that email was 'how could I take this situation and make it benefit me'. You have taken this 'she is dead to our family' thing WAY to far."

"I don't know how you could forgive her so easy but I can't! I was going to eventually help her aways..." He yells back at me.

"That's not good enough! I thought you would finally grow up and not act like a complete idiot but I guess I was wrong. Humans are humans and they will always make mistakes but it takes a good person to be able to forgive someone. But it only takes a decent person to forgive their own daughter, a part of their family. You obviously aren't one or you would have forgiven her a while ago."

"Leave my office now, you have no right to talk to me in that way. No matter what my choices are I'm still your father and you need to treat me with respect. I want to see your stuff out of MY house before dinner. You can do what ever you want with the information, I don't care. Just know that if she screws you over I won't be there for you."

"Great, it's not like you were really ever there for me before," I scoff, shooting him the finger before storming out of his office.