chapter twenty two

HARRY's POV

A letter arrived at the little house that has become as lonely as I ever thought possible. I opened it slowly and started to read.

Dear Harry,

I am right back where I started. No friends or family, just a criminal that probably had fled the country at this point and gone God knows where. I am utterly directionless, waiting for someone to tell me what to do.

I thought I had made the right decision to leave. I thought I could protect you. I thought I would be happy... yet everything I thought turned out to be wrong. Everything is wrong and I feel  the urge to disappear and forget.

Forget all the times I hated you, forget the times I loved you. But I know deep down I never wanted to forget our love. It blossomed when your green eyes filled with hurt as you recalled your terrible past, that was the moment. I don't want that moment to disappear, no matter how much I tried to convince myself I did. I broke my promise and I understand if you hate me, I hate myself too.

I writing you this letter because you will never see me again. I longed to find a purpose, and I did, but it is all over and I want nothing more than to leave. You will find someone who can truly love you, I hope. All I want is your happiness and when I'm gone, no one will know what you did. You can finally be free.

I love you,

Belle

Tears started to run down my cheeks and fall onto the paper. She was in trouble, she wanted to leave. I needed to stop her from doing the one thing that will destroy me forever. She is the one, the only one and I cannot let her hurt herself. I could never forgive her for ruining the only good thing in my life... Her.