chapter fourteen

It felt as though Harry and I had taken twenty steps back. Just when I thought we were getting somewhere, my brother has to ruin everything. I know I should feel glad or happy that my brother has done this for me, but in reality I resent it. I know I should want to escape and leave Harry forever, but I don't. I want to stay, I don't want to ever leave. These thoughts surround me as I lay on the carpeted floor outside Harry's bedroom. After he had left me alone in the main room I have been camping outside of his room, waiting for him to come out.

After a few hours of sitting and playing with my hair, the door to Harry's room opens. I instantly sit up straighter, excited by his sudden appearance. I just stare at this presents. Not uttering a single word, just waiting for him to say something, anything.

"I'm surprised your still here," Harry says in a strained tone. I frown at him, did he really think I was going to leave? Even after I gave him my word that I wouldn't?

"Harry why do you think I would leave? When I said I would stay, I meant it and I still mean it." I can tell my face shows I'm upset with him but his face still expresses no emotion. I stand up, looking at him directly in the eyes. After a few seconds I continue "I will do whatever I can to stay with you because I care for you. I don't know how in the world that ended up happening. Your my captor, I shouldn't care about you! You freaking kidnapped me! But somehow I do anyways, you have shown me parts of you I doubt you have shown many others. You've shown me your kind and gentle side, hidden by the stone cold mask you always try to wear. And I can't help it, there is something about you Harry that I just can't stay away from," I say, my voice getting louder. He stares at me with a stunned expression, his eyes softening at my words.

"Really?" He asks, his voice at a whisper, showing his true vulnerability. He slowly moves closer, leaving only a few inches between our faces.

"Yes Harry-" my voice is cut off by Harry pressing his soft lips to mine. I stand there completely stunned for a few seconds before I rap my hands around his neck, kissing him back with just as much passion. He pushes me against the wall, his hands finding there way around my waist. I gasp as he softly bites my bottom lip, allowing his tongue to find it's way into my mouth, sending chills down my spine. The feeling is absolutely exhilarating, my heart rate increases, butterflies appear in my stomach and my skin tingles at his very touch.

We stay in that position for a while, the only sounding in the house of our lips upon each other. Eventually after what feels like hours, Harry slowly disconnects his lips from mine. Leaving my lips feeling desolate and empty without the touch of his own. I look into his wondrous green eyes as we both catch our breathes. Foreheads pressed together and only a few inches between our lips. I wanted to stay like this forever, with Harry and his soft, delicate lips.

"Wow," Harry says, staring at me in such a way I can't help up to smile.

"What?" I ask.

"Your a really good kisser," He replies, smirking at me. I giggle at his words, happiness enveloping me. I honestly don't think I have ever felt happier in my life. My childhood was filled with disappointment and anger. Most of my adulthood just consisted of work and boredom. But in this exact moment I had Harry, one of the few people I felt really cared for me. He hadn't said it out loud but his actions showed what his words couldn't explain.

Harry draws his face closer and lightly brushes his lips against mine, my lips burning at the contact, before he pulls away, leaving a great distance between our faces.

"Are you hungry?" He asks while walking towards the kitchen.

"A sandwich sounds amazing."

"One sandwich coming up." Harry says with a stunning grin, his dimples showing.

I walk up close to and say "Can you smile again?" He smiles and I poke the small dimple in his cheek. he gives me a weird look as I laugh.

"I like your dimples, but you rarely smile," I reveal, staring off into space as Harry prepares the food.

"I haven't had much to smile for until you came around."

"Well you should do it more often."

----

After we had finished our sandwiches Harry realized at it was about 3 o'clock in the morning and it would be best if we got some sleep. Just as I was about to go in the opposite direction of Harry, towards my room, he tugs on my arm. Then removes the large distance between us.

"Stay with me tonight," he whispers, his lips lightly touching my ear. My knees feel weak from his close presents and his hand on my arm, sending electricity through my body.

"Okay," I say and he raps his hand around my own. We walk together to his room.

He starts to get into the bed and I awkwardly stand to the side, not quite sure what to do. Harry moves to the other side of the bed, leaving enough room from me to squeeze in. I slowly lift up the covers and join Harry in his bed.

I silently hope that Harry would close the distance between our bodies. Soon enough I feel his muscular arms rap and around my waist, drawing my closer until my back is pressed against his chest. I feel safe in his arms and I want to stay in this position forever.

The day felt so surreal, like a perfect dream that I never wanted to wake up from. As I lay in his arms, worry starts floods through me as I remember what the treacherous future would hold. And somewhere deep down I knew this happiness wouldn't be everlasting.