chapter twenty three

Harry's POV
Even with media outlets still publishing news of my kidnapping, they still only knew my hair color and age. So the second I received Belle's letter I put on a hat and booked the first flight for England. The entire flight I pretended to be asleep, putting my hat over my face and ignoring the world. It was an excruciating couple of hours and the moment we landed I rushed off as fast as I could.

I was in a city I barely knew looking the return address written on the letter, directing me to some small hotel. Every step I took was a blur, I felt like I wasn't walking but my feet kept moving in the frenzy to find her. Full on panic ensued the minute I realized I didn't even have her room number and asking the receptionist would only draw attention to myself. I was so desperate I frantically started knocking on every door, softly calling out for Belle each time praying it wasn't too late.

After what felt like hours of knocking on every door in sight I hear a small whimper after I called out Belle's name.

"Belle is that you? It's me Harry I'm just here to help you please open up," I said attempting to sound calm. I could hear was sounded like rustling but the door stayed locked.

"Belle please open up." Again I heard movement but the door remained closed. She must be too weak, I thought.

"Belle step away from the door," I called out before kicking as hard as I could on the thin wood. The door almost instantly opened up and I pushed passed it, not caring if I broke the damn door or not, Belle was the only thing that mattered.

I find her in the bathroom, laying in the tub surrounded by her own blood. Her eyes were calling out for help and she looked so helpless just laying there. I was the one that made her helpless.

At this point I could careless if I got caught by the authorities and had to spend years in jail, Belle needed help. I quickly dial the emergency number and beg them to send an ambulance right away, the whole situation was causing my eyes to tear up between explaining what had happened and the image of Belle in front of me. I took her out of the tub, ripped my shirt in half and tied it as tightly as possible on her wounds. I could see the struggle in her eyes to talk and I looked intently, waiting for her to speak.

"Go," she said glancing at the door, "save yourself." Even with the life draining out of her Belle still managed to be as selfless as possible.

"I'm not leaving you," I replied, "just because you broke your promise doesn't mean I'm going to break mine. I love you." That was the last word I mustered before the paramedics burst through the already destroyed door. I was pushed aside followed by a police officer approaching me for "questioning". They knew and as far as I could tell that was the last time I would ever see her again, laying on the floor surrounded by blood.

A/n
Will probably have a few more chapter stay tuned