Chapter 13: Outnumbered

Nate kept running, eventually causing the calls of his friends to fade into the distance. After what felt line an eternity, Nate's body had to finally stopped and rest, but his mind kept racing. God, he killed someone else, and he chose to do it! 

"What am I gonna do?" he sadly asked himself. 

"Well the way we see it," called a voice, "the only choice you have left is to die." 

"Who's there?" Nate called angerly. He staggered a bit when he realized that he ignored the fact that he was a murderer to try and intimidate someone, but quickly tried to regain his composure. A brown haired boy dressed all in white stood in front of Nate with his arms crossed and a  smug expression on his face.

"We're the ones that'll take down the legendary Nate." called another voice. Nate looked to his right, and found a blond girl dressed all in blue.

"Then master Bolus will reward us!" two voices said from behind him. Nate turned a little more to see identical twin boys with black hair standing behind him. one was wearing black while the other wore red.

"And the resistance will be that much weaker." another girl called from Nate's left. She had red hair and was only wearing green. Nate was surrounded.

"So what, you're all gonna take turns taking me on?" Nate spat.

"Of course not." the boy in white said.

"We're not stupid enough to try." the girl in blue followed.

"That's why we came up with the prefect strategy." the twins said.

"We, of the Bolus army executioners." the girl in green continued.

"Shall destroy you in a five on one battle to the death!" they all said at once.

Nate closed his eyes and lowered his head, taking deep breaths while he tried to think of a way out of this situation. Nate swallowed hard when he realized that there wasn't one. "About time I found a challenge." he replied, steeling his nerves and forcing a confidant smile. 

"We will go in color order with you in between each of us." White explained. 

"So I'm getting five turns in a round?" Nate asked. 

"We don't want the battle to be too unfair." Blue said.

"You'll regret that choice." Nate said half to himself.

"We hope you're ready resistance scum." Black and Red said in unison.

"I'm waiting on you." Nate taunted.

"Then White shall start us off." Green concluded.

"Enough talk, let's fight!" Nate replied, impatiently.

"I play a plains and end my turn." White said as the white sun appeared above him.

"I play a submerged boneyard and end my turn." Nate said, causing the left half of the blue water drop and the right half of the black skull to form.

"I play an island and end my turn." Blue said.

"I play a woodland stream and end." Nate concluded.

"I play a swamp and end my turn." Black said. 

"So you can talk without each other." Nate mused, "I play a Golgari guildgate and end my turn." Nate finished.

"I play a mountain and end." Red said, glairing at Nate.

"I play a highland lake and end." Nate said.

"I play a forest and end." Green declared. 

"I play a second woodland stream, then for two green and two others, I summon beast whisperer and end my turn." Nate called. The green orb sank into the ground, causing a tree to rapidly grow. Once the tree had finished expanding, a hooded elf walked out from behind it. A crow flew from out of the tree and landed on the elf's out stretched hand, the tree growing in reverse back into the ground.